Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best DRY GLOVE drysuit system that can be user installed onto latex wrist seals myself? I want something that is easy to 'snap' the gloves onto without requiring help from my partner, and, something that I can install at home myself.

???

Diving Concepts rings and gloves. They work well. Their website describes how to assemble the system; 2 different ways, depending on whether you want wrist seals or not. I have the neoprene model and like them.

I saw an ad for the Diving Concepts dry glove system, they look pretty neat. I'm thinking about adding a dry glove system to my suit. I often do deep dives 90 - 125 ft, any discomfort with finger squeeze using dry gloves at deeper depths?

Go with the DC system. I've got the neoprene gloves. the rings are relatively easy to install once you figure it all out and the gloves go on and off quite easily. You may want to try www.covci.com for ordering them...very responsive and helpful, plus they beat my LDSs price by $30.

I just ordered my suit and was going to go with the DC golves and rings. After a lil research and being able to see the differences between the SI TECH and DC set ups, I decided to go with the SI TECH. I've been hearing that if the air doesn't vent out of the snap ring gloves that it's very easy for them to pop off on ascent. I like the idea better that the SI TECH gloves twist together to lock the glove on. I hope I made the right decision. Anyone use the SI TECH gloves, or ever had any problems with them?:confused:

taat2d once bubbled...
I've been hearing that if the air doesn't vent out of the snap ring gloves that it's very easy for them to pop off on ascent. I like the idea better that the SI TECH gloves twist together to lock the glove on.

Pop off on ascent? Where did you hear this? With any dry glove, you need to place something, such as surgical tubing, under the seal so that the two airspaces can equalize. However, there is almost no way the glove could pop off unless your suit is so full of air that you look like the Michelin Man. The snap ring is very very secure.

Good luck getting the twist/lock gloves on and off without help from your buddy.

Now that funny. When I was at a LDS. (Not the one installing the rings. ) I asked them about the 2 types of gloves and yhey told me that you need help with the snap ring setup, but with the twist lock you can don/doff yourself. I hope I didn't make a mistake with the gloves I'm getting... Guess I'll have to wait and see....

taat2d once bubbled...
Now that funny. When I was at a LDS. (Not the one installing the rings. ) I asked them about the 2 types of gloves and yhey told me that you need help with the snap ring setup, but with the twist lock you can don/doff yourself. I hope I didn't make a mistake with the gloves I'm getting... Guess I'll have to wait and see....

I use DC gloves and have never needed help getting them on or off.They have worked great for me.Sounds like misguided info from your LDS.

Originally I ordered my suit with the DC gloves then I called and had them change it to the SI TECH gloves thinking they were easier to don.doff and not pop off.

Back
Top Bottom