Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They better be now!!! Like they say for better or for worse. LOL
Hey lal how do you like the undies you got from Janice? Do they keep you warm enough? I haven't ordered mine yet, not sure if I need the 200g or 300g. What do you wear under that?

taat2d once bubbled...
They better be now!!! Like they say for better or for worse. LOL
Hey lal how do you like the undies you got from Janice? Do they keep you warm enough? I haven't ordered mine yet, not sure if I need the 200g or 300g. What do you wear under that?

I was gonna try them out yesterday but didnt have a chance to make it to the water.Ill get to use them for sure this upcoming saturday.They do fit nice though.
:D

I used a bare ct-200 before and just wore shorts and a t-shirt under it and stayed perfectly warm.Im gonna do the same with my new one and see if get cold.If i do ill just add another thin layer of 100gm polar fleece.

I'm gonna take some measurments and order mine this week.

I have a set of the SI Techs twist rings that I would let go for a decent price, gloves included. Personally, I hate them. I have the ones that have a long section that sits on the outside of the sleeve. If I wasn't careful I would accidentally pull the suit side loose. If I wasn't careful I would accidentally pull the glove side loose. The gloves and the suit are not held to the rings by an s configuration like the DC gloves. I had lots of leaks. I didn't go with the DC gloves, at least not by DC. You can get the same glove set through Simply Scuba with the Oceanic name on them. Mine were $84 to my door. The only difference I found is that there wasn't a beauty ring around the base of the gloves like DC has. If I want them I can get the ring from the original manufacture, Bluepoint in Germany. I much prefer this ringset.

JoelW

AaronBBrown once bubbled...

With any dry glove, you need to place something, such as surgical tubing, under the seal so that the two airspaces can equalize

I dive all the time without tubing. Below 130' they can start getting quite tight, but not painful.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
I dive all the time without tubing. Below 130' they can start getting quite tight, but not painful.

True...you don't HAVE to, however on ascent it would be very easy for trapped air to end up in the glove causing mickeymouse hands. I think most people do use some sort of equalizing method. Heck, you can just pull a piece of your undergarment sleeve so it breaks the seal. I've done that when I have forgotten a piece of tubing.

JoelW once bubbled...
there wasn't a beauty ring around the base of the gloves like DC has.
You can buy those rings at $15 per pair... or you can put a section of wheel barrow inner tube over the ring/glove joint to protect the glove there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom