Dry suit gaiters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... as my buddy has them for diving and they cost $30 rather than $175 for the Halcyon ones :shocked2: Duct tape around your legs also works, according to my buddy though he eventually forked out for some Dive Rite ones.
I got the DiveRites at scubatoys for only $50. They had another brand the same price but I cant recall the name....

I'll sell you my gaiters cheap, I'll even deliver them to you this summer if your live near Cairns or Melborne.

This doesn't match with my experience at all. I borrowed gaiters (Halcyon) recently off a friend to try them out, as I have a big problem with floaty feet. Used them for about a dozen dives (then she came back from overseas, bye bye gaiters :() They worked great, it was *very* difficult to get air into them, I really tried to get air in there to see how they coped and it was a challenge. To get the air out was more difficult than normal but easily do-able - but it meant sacrificing my trim for a bit to go a bit vertical. Anyway, with single tank + gaiters, I no longer need to use ankle weights. Double tank I still have floaty feet but going to try gaiters + longer tail weight now. The gaiters did reduce the amount of weight I wear on my ankles though.

I plan to get some myself but they are too expensive for me just yet. Going to see how some mountaineering gaiters work, as my buddy has them for diving and they cost $30 rather than $175 for the Halcyon ones :shocked2: Duct tape around your legs also works, according to my buddy though he eventually forked out for some Dive Rite ones.

I'll sell you my gaiters cheap, I'll even deliver them to you this summer if your live near Cairns or Melborne.

I'm in Melbourne, what type and how much are they? Definitely interested :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom