Dry suits with the Inspiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saturated

Contributor
Reaction score
Any one diving dry with their inspiration. I currently have a viking that I kept from my commercial days, but its on its last leg and some of the vents are not in the greatest locations. Gotta buy a new one, any recomendations greatly appreciated.........

Saturdated,

I dive with a Viking pro with the hood not attached with ny Inspiration. I had the pro turbo model for the last 15 years, but I don't care for the attached hood. The new model has the same old left arm exhaust postition and it works fine, and the new model asl has the suspenders inside, which help. I am fine with the suit, no complaints, although it is my second Viking, and I have dove oc with neoprene and thin fabric drysuits. I have't tried something like DUI's compressed neoprene, but at $3500 for a custom version, don't think I may ever.....

Look at my image in my screen name, that's the Viking with the turtle....

Dont get me wrong I'm not looking forward to replacing mine either. Its been to hell and back and with all the money I've put into repairs I could've bought a new one. This was a custom for one of the rigs I worked on. Left arm exhaust and the inflater is also on the left instead of center, which places it under my counterlung. Kind of a pain. Looking at getting a vik 1000pro from some former collegues of mine. Just want to explore all my options first.....Thanks for the info

possibly an O'three as well

Saturdated,

I dive with a Viking pro with the hood not attached with ny Inspiration. I had the pro turbo model for the last 15 years, but I don't care for the attached hood. The new model has the same old left arm exhaust postition and it works fine, and the new model asl has the suspenders inside, which help. I am fine with the suit, no complaints, although it is my second Viking, and I have dove oc with neoprene and thin fabric drysuits. I have't tried something like DUI's compressed neoprene, but at $3500 for a custom version, don't think I may ever.....

Look at my image in my screen name, that's the Viking with the turtle....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom