Drysuit LP hose on left or right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Question - my drysuit valve is on the right side of my chest. he shop said that the LP inflator hose should come under my LEFT arm across my chest to the right side where the valve is. Does that sound correct?

I dive a single AL80 with only one first stage to access.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Question - my drysuit valve is on the right side of my chest. he shop said that the LP inflator hose should come under my LEFT arm across my chest to the right side where the valve is.
Does your valve rotate to face the left?

My valve is in the center and rotates and most all of the folks I dive with have the inflator hose coming under the left arm.

The two low pressure ports on the right side of the first stage are for the primary and secondary 2nd stages. The two low pressure ports on the left side of the first stage are for the wing inflator and the suit inflator.

It depends how you rig your reg. I mostly use a long hose so have my primary and secondry demand valves on the right. This means the drysuit inflator has to go on the left. If I am using a 'normal' octo then that goes on the left and the drysuit inflator has to go on the right. This is assuming you first stage has to LP ports on each side.

The valve should rotate to face the hose. Some swivel freely mine needs to be unscrewed slightly, turned, then retightened.

Either way the hose is nicely out of the way

HTH
Nick

Here's the reasoning...
"When diving doubles, the LP inflator should come off the right post and the drysuit inflator should come off the left post (that way in the extremely unlikely event of a roll-off/break-off while tandem air sharing you'll have something to breathe) and both should be connected on the left... so if you have to shut down the left reg you'll still be able to operate your drysuit valve by attaching the LP inflator to it."
----
Personally, I prefer to cross hoses and rig the drysuit inflator on the right. It makes for smoother hose routing, and if I were to have to shut down the left reg all I have to do is rotate the nipple on the drysuit valve over to the left to use the LP inflator hose with it.
-----
When diving a single reg, I usually use an Air Source as a safe second, so the LP inflator isn't an option anyway, and once again I prefer the drysuit hose on the right for hose routing - 2 left, 2 right rather than 3 left, 1 right.
Rick

To keep hose routing simple.

I route 2 lp hose left (Bc and dry suit) and 2 lp hoses right (primary and secondary second stages)

I wear a viking HD dry suit and the inflator is on the lower left side of the chest. (this goes back to Horse collar days)

MikeD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom