Drysuit survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done. I must say I tried many such contraptions, almost everyone of them designed by friends, but I can't say I was impressed : bulky, noisy, not very convenient (especially fitting the suit on them), and nasty side effects on latex seals (which I don't use any longer). Hope yours will be better.

There were at least 3 manufacturers of these at the last dive show I attended.
You wouldn't happen to have any links? It could help him figure the market that he is after.

Use a HangAir -- a large hanger (so fits the drysuit properly) with a fan blowing through the neck and out of the wrists. Couple of hours of that and the suit's dry, even when it's leaking (a perennial problem with drysuits).

Was odd to be asked about rinsing a drysuit. Never do that unless it's raining or diving in freshwater. Only maintenance is waxing the zips ever 3rd day or so and pee valve cleaning (every dive).

Small design point about the prototype... If you use a hanger that's full sized (looks like your shoulders) then the suit hangs correctly, like you're in it. Any air circulating is fine; positive pressure moves around the suit and out of the wrists (and pee zip / fly zip -- which I have in addition to the pee valve).

If you invert the suit, then it's going to collapse into itself and will need mechanical spacers to allow the air to flow; hence all those holes in the leg bits and especially the socks. I would be concerned that the weight of the upside down suit would affect the shape of the socks, which are fragile parts of the suit and, if neoprene socks (the best type), they'll deform under the weight.

You wanted honesty :)

2. The big issue with the fusion bullet is not drying the inside of the suit...the issue is getting the dang neoprene outer skin dry an efficient amount of time.....putting the suit on a blown air drying rack that circulates air inside the suit does nothing to address the outer skin of this suit.

-Z

That's absolutely right. I hang mine in the shower and aim a large floor fan at it.

BTW one of the main things to use is rockboots and socks as you can then turn the suit inside out to dry.

If boots, especially thick Wellingtons, are attached then drying takes a *lot* longer as the boot insides aren't exposed to the air.

f boots, especially thick Wellingtons, are attached then drying takes a *lot* longer as the boot insides aren't exposed to the air.

My experience with rentals in the UK many years ago, and the main reason I chose socks for my personal purchased drysuits.

Survey Monkey:
This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.

That was a short running survey.

BTW one of the main things to use is rockboots and socks as you can then turn the suit inside out to dry.

If boots, especially thick Wellingtons, are attached then drying takes a *lot* longer as the boot insides aren't exposed to the air.
Yepper. I have a shell (tri-lam) suit. Invert the suit, take a towel and wipe everything dry and I'm ready to go in less than 10 minutes

Back
Top Bottom