Drysuit training day tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great info all. I will keep experimenting. Tomorrow I am doing a wreck dive using a PST HP130. Any idea how much weight I should drop (from 28 lbs on a AL80)? I was thinking 22-24 lbs.

The trouble with my setup is I am using AL80's on a BCD that can only fit around 26 lbs of weight. Either I need to add a weight belt, or I need to stick to steel tanks.

Not sure on the PST, but for an AL80 to an XS HP120 I drop 6 . . . so I think you are in the ballpark . . .

- Tim

dv:
Thanks for the great info all. I will keep experimenting. Tomorrow I am doing a wreck dive using a PST HP130. Any idea how much weight I should drop (from 28 lbs on a AL80)? I was thinking 22-24 lbs.

The trouble with my setup is I am using AL80's on a BCD that can only fit around 26 lbs of weight. Either I need to add a weight belt, or I need to stick to steel tanks.

Trim pockets can be used on the tank band, that will allow up to 4lbs +/- on each side.

Reactions: dv
Well, had the suit out yesterday and the leak, is still there, although it's slowed considerably.

Ugh!

Have a pee valve installed into your dry suit. Its takes some getting used to but you will love it in the long run.

dv:
Heading out tomorrow to our local quarry to do my first drysuit dives. I'll be getting the PADI drysuit specialty with my instructor... Back to square one on buoyancy I guess. Any tips?

Have a pee valve installed into your dry suit. Its takes some getting used to but you will love it in the long run.

Well, he has got the hole already anyway :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom