DSS BP/W instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikey3091

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Tobin,

I should be receiving my BP/W in a couple of days and was curious to know if there are any instructions included to aid me in putting this together other than the hog harness tutorial on the DSS site?

Mike Edwards

There is a print out of the same instructions from the website. I had no idea what I was doing, and having never seen a bp/w in person it took me maybe 10 minutes to get it setup and another 20 to get it fine tuned. You should have no problem.

Edit: The only thing I had a question about was: What the heck are the pieces of inner tube for? They have something to do with the way DIR people store their backup light apparent. You could probably leave them off.

There is a print out of the same instructions from the website. I had no idea what I was doing, and having never seen a bp/w in person it took me maybe 10 minutes to get it setup and another 20 to get it fine tuned. You should have no problem.

Edit: The only thing I had a question about was: What the heck are the pieces of inner tube for? They have something to do with the way DIR people store their backup light apparent. You could probably leave them off.

I'm pleased to hear the instructions were sufficient for you to assemble your gear. You are correct, the inner tube below the drings are to secure the lower end of a back up light.

Tobin

I thought you were supposed to run the LP inflator hose through the inner tube after running the left shoulder strap through the inner tube.

Two inner tube pieces go below the chest D-rings (one per side) and are useful for backup lights or similar things. One piece goes above the left chest D-ring and is what you put the inflator hose (not the corrugated hose) through.

I thought you were supposed to run the LP inflator hose through the inner tube after running the left shoulder strap through the inner tube.

Yes, there are three pieces of inner tube, one goes on the upper left shoulder strap, and can be used to secure the lp hose.

I was speaking about the other two pieces, the ones that are installed below the chest drings. These are used to secure backup lights.

Tobin

I'm pleased to hear the instructions were sufficient for you to assemble your gear. You are correct, the inner tube below the drings are to secure the lower end of a back up light.

Tobin

Better to install them now and decide you don't need them, than to have to undo most of the webbing to add them later. I'd also suggest cutting them in half, so you have two pieces per side.

Better to install them now and decide you don't need them, than to have to undo most of the webbing to add them later. I'd also suggest cutting them in half, so you have two pieces per side.

If you cut them in half, then how do they stay on the webbing :wink:

Actually, I went to a local bike shop one afternoon and asked if I could have a bad tube or two from the day's trash. They reached in a cardboard box and handed me a whole handful. (Always go mid-afternoon, and if you feel odd, just say "science project". Nobody ever questions science projects, and diving *is* a hands-on science project, eh? :D) Now I have a paper lunch bag *full* of rubber bands.

I put two above and three below each D-ring (for redundancy or flexibility, whatever), with more on the belt and behind the plate. Since I have brightly-colored webbing, it makes for a nice pattern (not that I'm a ham or anything... um... :rofl3:).

THANK YOU!!! My only complaint has just been solved.
Hehe, I was enlightened by some random thread before I got my DSS rig. I'm glad I could pass it along. :biggrin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom