DSS Small Size plate or similar (for kid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if a standard (say DGX) STA will fit the small plate? Looks like the slotted hole at the bottom might accommodate an 11" (c to c) STA.

The short plate has standard 11” bolt spacing. Fits my doubles just fine. If the STA has 11”’ bolt spacing, you should be fine.

Depending on his/your desire for adventure, a sidemount harness grows with the diver, thought the wing does not. Not the norm, but teachable in basic and definitely streamlined and a great in water experience. He could go single or double sidemount with an AL30/40. With maybe a Rec or Classic xDeep wing.

More mainline, the DirZone Kiddo sounds promising.
I've been studying import for tiny doubles parts and for individual purchases it seems straightforward .
US import:
- USPS seems to arrive seamlessly if under $200/800/2000, or pay at post office.
- UPS/DHL/etc seem to send you bill for US duties and their (possibly high) fee.
- Internet Purchases | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

ETA: I meant to mention Marie13 is our local expert. My recent, <$400, sidemount metal bits from SumpUK arrived just fine.

Depending on his/your desire for adventure, he could go single or double sidemount with an AL30. A Rec or Classic xDeep wing. Not the norm, but teachable in basic and definitely streamlined and a great in water experience.

More mainline, the DirZone Kiddo sounds promising.
I've been studying import for doubles parts and for individual purchases it seems straightforward .
US import:
- USPS seems to arrive seamlessly if under $200/800/2000, or pay at post office.
- UPS/DHL/etc seem to send you bill for US duties and their (possibly high) fee.
- Internet Purchases | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

I’m a licensed customs broker. Ask if you have any questions.

Hi, I would like to resurrect this thread because I cannot really find an answer to this specific question. A lot of people have been suggesting the Ultra Lite backplate for smaller people, and I would like to know the reason behind that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that when one wants to get a small (shorter) backplate, it is for the purpose of having a shorter distance from the top of the plate to the waist slots so that the waist harness will properly sits on their waist, rather than their hips like when they put on the standard size. But in this case, if you use a standard size Ultra Lite backplate, you would still get your waist harness sitting on your hips, which doesn't really solve the problem for smaller people.

Soft travel plate? Then torso length not really an issue.

Back
Top Bottom