DUI Dog Days at CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well the DUI Dog Days are comming to CSSP November 20-21 this year.

I have been to the last two and they are always fun. This is the third year at Clear Springs.

Last year they were very short handed for instructors. People were waiting awhile to get into the water or on the surface. I worked dock support checking people in and out.

This is a great opportunity to try out a drysuit, check out DUI's new stuff, meet some nice people, and enjoy some good food.

I don't know if I am going to be able to make it, but I'm going to try.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Well the DUI Dog Days are comming to CSSP November 20-21 this year.

I have been to the last two and they are always fun. This is the third year at Clear Springs.

Last year they were very short handed for instructors. People were waiting awhile to get into the water or on the surface. I worked dock support checking people in and out.

This is a great opportunity to try out a drysuit, check out DUI's new stuff, meet some nice people, and enjoy some good food.

I don't know if I am going to be able to make it, but I'm going to try.

TwoBit
Sharon and I plan to be there. :)

Charley

Last year the busy day was Saturday. It was more than an hour wait to get in the water. We are encouraging our divers to go to the Valhalla Missile Silo on Saturday and then Sunday go to DUI Dog days. We have been blesses for the last few years with excellent weather on that weekend. I hope it holds true this year as well!

You do need tickets for this event. In the past, dive shops have bought and resold the tickets. From best as I can tell, you can get tickets directly from DUI at
www.dui-online.com. I can't recall if there are tickets at the gate or not.

The dinner on Saturday night is normally pretty nice. Its an additional cost, but its still fun, food, and a chance to listen to a couple presentations.

More instructors willing to show up and help would greatly help the lines on Saturday and Sunday.

TwoBit

Me and my wife plan on being there both days, but since I'm store staff I'll be working the event in some capacity. No, I'm not an instructor so I won't get the glory work of leading divers....

If I see anybody with TSD logos I'll introduce myself...my wife will probably be helping at the barbeque pits again this year (she helped there last year).

Here's an interesting (at least to me chuckle) question. What gear do I need to bring? Do I travel with everything I normally carry, or is there a shortlist?

Charley

Wear a set of thermals, and probably sweats. You will change into an undergarment that they issue. You can pull it on over sweats and a sweatshirt or long sleve shirt.

Bring regs, BC, hood, mask, fins, tank, and all of your weight. Try not to rely on using their weight. You will also be issued a loaner inflator hose for the dry suit.

The chances of me making it are getting more and more slim.

TwoBit

I'll be there on Saturday - this will be my first chance to meet some Scubaboard people IRL.

I'm going to the dinner as well. Never been in a dry suit before so this should be fun.

Also going to bring a 7mm and a hood...and a set of doubles. Might as well make use of it and practice shooting lift bags after the demo.

Who's going to be there on Sat? Going to the dinner?

Here's the list of stuff to bring from the "official" piece of paper I got with my ticket:

1) Mask, snorkel, open heel fins, regs, octo, guages, tank, weights, bcd, cold water hood and gloves. We have over 70 drysuits available so we should have plenty for all. We have larger fins in case yours do not fit the drysuit boots. We also have DUI hoods, bcs systems, and weight and trim systems for demo.

2) While you're welcome to bring undergarments of your own, we will have polartech powerstretch thinsulate ultra, and Actionwear garments to dest dive as well as booties to wear on your feet under the drysuit.

3) Bring your Certification-Card and credit card for deposit. (I'm not sure what the CC card is for...incase you blow a hole in a suit or something?)

4) Bring your favorite snacks, drinks, etc.

5) Cameras - we'll be happy to take pics of you and your friends.

- all divers who complete demo will recieve a hat and be entered into a raffle

20 Minute seminars include:

- Proper Weighting
- Why Women Get Colder
- When to use Dry Gloves / Argon
- Insulation Strategies

Hope that helps.. looking forward to meeting some of you...

OH, and it is the 11-13th of Nov.

D.

Back
Top Bottom