Closed DUI Valve Comptec 232 Bar MonoUS NPSM 3/4" with burst disc

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

attack33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone know where I can buy this and have it shipped to the US? This is a top handled valve. I need it on my 02 for my sidewinder. Any help is appreciated!

I have nine on the shelf in Detroit. I can ship.

@grantctobin I am doing sidewinder training with Draker end of January. I have talked to a few people that said it is easier. I am just trying to make things better where possible. Any suggestions?

@grantctobin I am doing sidewinder training with Draker end of January. I have talked to a few people that said it is easier. I am just trying to make things better where possible. Any suggestions?
If you have a bottle+valve already, I don't know that I would switch them until you've tried it. If you don't have a valve, grab one from @Tracy . They're sufficiently in demand that if you don't like it, you're not out much by turning around and selling the valve on one of the SW groups.

I think the top-mount valve is more useful if your sorb cans are high relative to your shoulders. The lower they sit, the less you'll notice they're there when you go to reach your butt d-rings or XDeep center dump or in this case, your oxygen valve. The taller you are, the more distance across which your cans can be high or low. Your mounting choice of your oxygen bottle will influence valve preference as well. Edd's students have their oxygen strapped down, whereas most of the Protec crowd (and Draker) use a pair of boltsnaps so there's slightly more movement if you needed to shake the valve towards your right to reach it.

If you go this route, buy a couple spare burst discs from Tracy. The stock ones are POS in my opinion, but there's some chance I got a bad batch in the four I've had. Iirc it's an abnormal burst disc.

Full disclosure, I have two HP15 with the above valve, an AL13 with an in-line valve, and another oddball steel with a standard right hand valve. Only the in-line valve is obnoxious with halo weight undies, large cylinders, and drygloves.

If you go this route, buy a couple spare burst discs from Tracy. The stock ones are POS in my opinion, but there's some chance I got a bad batch in the four I've had. Iirc it's an abnormal burst disc.
I haven't had an issue with the burst discs failing, but they do come finger tight from the factory. They need torqued before installation.

If you have a bottle+valve already, I don't know that I would switch them until you've tried it. If you don't have a valve, grab one from @Tracy . They're sufficiently in demand that if you don't like it, you're not out much by turning around and selling the valve on one of the SW groups.

I think the top-mount valve is more useful if your sorb cans are high relative to your shoulders. The lower they sit, the less you'll notice they're there when you go to reach your butt d-rings or XDeep center dump or in this case, your oxygen valve. The taller you are, the more distance across which your cans can be high or low. Your mounting choice of your oxygen bottle will influence valve preference as well. Edd's students have their oxygen strapped down, whereas most of the Protec crowd (and Draker) use a pair of boltsnaps so there's slightly more movement if you needed to shake the valve towards your right to reach it.

Full disclosure, I have two HP15 with the above valve, an AL13 with an in-line valve, and another oddball steel with a standard right hand valve. Only the in-line valve is obnoxious with halo weight undies, large cylinders, and drygloves.
Understood. I seriously appreciate the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom