Eastern NC Divers Unite!

Would you do cold water (winter) dives in NC?

• Only if its off shore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if its in a lake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmarinejustin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all!
Interested in joining a group of Eastern NC divers of all types and qualifications? From Open Water to Master Diver, you're all invited!

Well, the only member is me right now, since I'm the one trying to form it! :)
But anyone in Eastern NC is welcome to contact me.

The purpose of the group is basicaly to have a local network of divers so you can almost always find someone to dive with and learn from. Especially useful I would think for the newer divers. What if all you've done is lake dives? You'd be a little anxious at the thought of a ocean dive, right? What should you do? How is it diffrent? This way you could learn from and dive w/ some experienced in that type of dive. Once enough people decide to join I will put a website up w/ forums and a calender so anyone that wants to dive can post it, then anyone can just click on it to get contact info and site info.

If interested email me at justin.richey@usmc.mil
Thanks!

Welcome to the board Justin.
Sorry but the group you are trying to form already exist. :)
Come join us on the NCDivers board, the divers you are looking for are already there.
There is a link below my sig.

Welcome to eastern NC Justin. It's always nice to meet another potential dive buddy. I agree with Herman that NCDivers.com is where you need to head. I would add though that we do need more active divers from the east on there. This time of year it's a real pain trying to get enough people together for a charter.

Frank

Considering your location....it would be more advantageous to start a group there. It is a hefty drive from your area to Raleigh.

Actually, the group you are looking for is RIGHT HERE. We have more divers here than anywhere else in the world so this is the BEST place to meet new buddies! While we try to be supportive of other dive sites, they don't have to tell new users to go ELSEWHERE do they? I surely don't jump in on other sites asking people to come over to ScubaBoard instead. A simple link in your signature should be more than adequate to let others know where you hang out, but active recruiting (open or via PM) is not quite fair to us.

We (the offending website) are just a bunch of friends that get together every weekend to go diving.

With the way you guys moderate here, why not just delete the offending posts and warn the guilty parties like you would do with any other TOS violation.

I'll bet you that every member we have is also an active member on SB. While our board will never replace SB, SB will never replace our board. We need to learn to co-exist.

We've had new members join our site that didn't know about SB but guess what, we told them about it and sent them here.

While I'm sure usmarinejustin will find a wealth of info here on SB (as I have and continue to do), it appears from his post that what he is looking is indeed what we all ready have in place on our site.

Justin, thanks for your service to our country and sorry you had to get mixed up in a bunch of BS such as this. Good luck with your endeavors and if you ever need a buddy, you know where to find one.

Jason...

I don't see you as an "offending website". I just don't want to see this forum devolve into a recruitment zone. It's like there is something wrong with ScubaBoard.

I am not looking for a fight here and I have no problem with your site. If you go look through the threads on this forum, you will see a recurring theme: GO to the NC site. I just don't think that this is respectful. You might possibly see it differently. I surely wouldn't want ScubaBoardians going to other sites and recruiting there.

Hi NetDoc-

Looking over the past few threads, I can see where you are coming from. There's nothing wrong with SB, as I see it. I think what you (and everyone here) have created is a place that has/will change the entire industry. I read more than I write on SB, but I'm over fairly often.

I'm pretty sure I've recommended that people visit NCDivers in the past, but it's never been part of any kind of recruitment. I do it when I don't know the answer to a question about NC diving, but I know that the original poster can find the answer over there. When I can answer a question myself, I almost always post it here. I'm not trying to recruit anyone, just help them find what they are looking for.

Rich

Hmm...an interesting thread.
I understand both arguments and it's hard to pick a side so I won't. I enjoy ScubaBoard for it's broad reach and large audience. I've met plenty of interesting people here from all over the world with all sorts of ideas and opinions. I'd go diving with a good number of them in a heartbeat.

NetDoc, I was one of those people that Jason mentioned--I found NCDivers first and then found ScubaBoard through NCDivers. I enjoy NCDivers because we're pretty close-knit. We're a good group of friends who dive together a good amount. That's NCDiver's main appeal to me...so each is fulfilling a different need.

Justin, there's no reason that you can't join and be active on both websites, as many of us are. Or, you can tell us both to screw off and start your own group, lol...although I believe that if you do the former, it'll probably be easier on you.

I don't think there's any reason to go back and forth over who is recruiting whom. There's no reason that we can't coexist. :)

SparticleBrane:
Justin, there's no reason that you can't join and be active on both websites, as many of us are.
I fully agree with this! There is no reason not to enjoy both... it just looks bad on the forum to have "Go over there" constantly repeated. I am SURE that it's completely natural for both groups to combine and share.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom