Eastern NC Divers Unite!

Would you do cold water (winter) dives in NC?

• Only if its off shore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if its in a lake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMHO....what I think is key here is two different environments. I enjoy SB for what it has to offer in diversity and experience. But I find it hard to dive with people in Seattle or El Paso when I am in Fuquay Varina NC. So, I use SB for the great stuff it offers....and I think others around the entire world....at least USA....like their local clubs for CONTACT and meeting of people at a local level.

Both have different advantages and both are very compatible. It should never be viewed in my mind as a THEM and US.......because it is a WE in my opinion.

There is no competition because each are on a completely different level. And, each are mutually supporting.

All that is just MHO.......I will be quiet now.

RICHinNC:
JMHO....what I think is key here is two different environments.

Both have different advantages and both are very compatible. It should never be viewed in my mind as a THEM and US.......because it is a WE in my opinion.

There is no competition because each are on a completely different level. And, each are mutually supporting.

All that is just MHO.......I will be quiet now.

Ditto, Rich. Plus ncdivers doesn't sell advertising, so how COULD it be competition?

I have learned a lot from both sites, I am with Fireflock, I am much less vocal here, but I visit here almost as much as I do over there.

BTW, are you going to make the Swampfest and Lobster dive?

Justin,

Don't mind the chatter going on, it happens all of the time. Instead, let's just go diving:14:

As you saw, Frank (Big White Square), myself and several others are very close to the base and can help you out and be more than willing to dive. Give us a shout and we can work something out.

BTW - Frank is trying to get a couple of people together this Sunday to go out with Discovery in Morehead if your interested.

Steve

==================================

"Being prepared for the unexpected is victory"

Sun Tzu

NC divers are not just good at recruiting people to their site, they have me convinced to move to the state too :D

Thanks all for the help. Yeah, I was thinking of trying the Deep Dixie board also. An hour or two drive is not out of the question, so I'll look at a couple of the op's you recommend.

After looking at some of the posts here, I may drive down a couple of days early (from NW Pennsylvania) and look at the Aquatic Safaris in Wilmington. Looks like they do some nice dives and everyone seems positive about them here.

Thanks again
Terry

Terry,
You can't go wrong with Aquatic Safaris.. Great group of people.. We have several dives planned with tnem this year...

LOL, hey thanks everyone. Its kinda funny that only the first 3 or so posts were on topic, but anyways.....
Greatly looking forward to getting wet when I get back to NC, I'm deployed w/ the 26th MEU at the moment, had a chace to dive in Palmero, Italy and MarMaris, Turkey, but never got around to it..maybe on the way home, I HOPE! :)

Back
Top Bottom