Eating crow: Santi custom cut suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I experienced the same problem as you with the neck ring causing the BP straps to slide off my shoulders. I'm a 5'9", 165lb guy measuring roughly 42" around the shoulders. I had the neck ring removed from my Fusion, totally unsatisfactory.

However, Si-Tech does provide instructions on how to pre-bend the neck ring (using heat) to fit your shoulders before installing the ring in the suit. I may try that approach in the future.

Buddshammer, I think you are referring to the Glovelock, not the Antares. The Antares is much smaller than the Glovelock.

Tech3324, they have a new ring coming out in 1-3 months :wink:

It was mentioned that if you have the Si-tech glove system installed, you have to use the whole dry glove system. I have the Si-tech and just use pull over stretch rubber gloves over the installed rings. Easier to get on, easier to replace IMO.

Buddshammer, I think you are referring to the Glovelock, not the Antares. The Antares is much smaller than the Glovelock.

Tech3324, they have a new ring coming out in 1-3 months :wink:

I know the oval Antares are supposed to be smaller but not too many recommendations for them. Over the next few days I'll be ordering a UTD/Kubi set off you, 80mm ring in a Medium glove.

Well, my suit has celebrated its first anniversary. I still love it, especially with the upgrades (the heel loops). It has yet to have a single leak that wasn't related to a failing seal (and seals are consumables for me -- I EAT neck seals).

Once I got the knack of the TiZip zipper, I have had no docking problems. I had one zipper-closure flood, but it was due to trying to close the zipper on the wires for the heated vest -- not really something for which one can blame the suit!

I have three dry suits. At home, this is the one that goes in the water. 'Nuff said.

Almost 2 years on the suit. Not a single leak, and it still looks brand new. And it has a friend, now -- I had begun getting colder and colder on dives, and it had occurred to me that my beloved Whites MK3 was almost 5 years old, and might be just plain getting old. But they don't make that item any more, and it was the only undergarment I knew of with a drop seat, which is awfully nice when you don't feel like gluing anything to yourself, but you also don't want to shuck everything off your top in order to get to your bottom . . .

. . . and then I found out the new Santi Lady's First undergarment HAS a drop seat! 5th Dimension, our local shop, was gracious enough to order one in what we THOUGHT was my size, and when I went to try it on, it fit like it was made for me, which made me very happy, so I bought it. Today, I had it in the water for the first time, for a 55 minute dive in water of about 48 degrees. It was our usual kind of dive, with Peter taking pictures and me futzing around in his vicinity, scouting more critters, so we didn't swim much. I got out of the water WARM. I mean, my hands were freezing, as usual, but my body wasn't even chilled.

I'm delighted with the purchase, and I'm going to post a separate thread with photos and all. I love being warm!

I just got my thermals today, looking forward to getting in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom