elastic crotch strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver:
And the question about the little oxygen pony... well that is all I have right now. It gives me 5-8 minutes or so of deco with it half full and then I do the rest of the deco on air. (If I don't get too hammered on this post, my next question will be about which deco gas to use for (air dives to 185 for 15 minutes) 50% or 100%? I will not take two deco gases...

I would not recommend what you are doing. Doing a dive to 185 on air for 15min,and using decoplanner to plan tables,your deco obligation without oxygen is 36 minutes and with oxygen 23 minutes. You have a very small pony for air and oxygen (5-8 minutes) which tells me you don't have adequate gas to complete deco if you should have a primary gas failure,plus inadequate amount of redundant deco gas. I would conclude that if you are using a pony bottle that you don't have a H or Y valve to shut a regulator down during a freeflow to prevent sudden gas loss,hence inadequate redundancy. I'm not going to hammer you,just point out that I'd recommend re-examining your dive profiles. I know somebody that had to blow a lot of deco due to inadequate redundancy,and he spent many hours in a chamber and a month using a diaper due to bowel and bladder incontinence from CNS injury. Just remember a deco dive is like being in the overhead,you can't ascend directly,you have to be prepared to address all your problems.

I guess the ponies are too small for this particular wreck dive that I do frequently. I use a sherwood, nitrox computer set to air and it gives me a max of 30 min deco for the dive which is between 160 and 185 ft for 15 minutes. I just got a 30-cu-ft pony hydo and cleaned and I'm considering replacing the 14 oxygen bottle with a 30 cuft sling bottle of 50%...

I too have seen a case of decompression sickness this year and my friend is just now beginning to be able to walk after 7 months.

You should not be diving profiles that require 30 minutes of deco. You do not have the proper training or equipment.

Thank you all for the comments.

And for you Stephen, another question: Are you often introduced as Mr. Stephen ***.

dumpsterDiver:
Thank you all for the comments.

And for you Stephen, another question: Are you often introduced as Mr. Stephen ***.

No. Usually it is Dr. Stephen Ash.

Oh... I get it. You're making fun of my last name... like the kids did back in grade school. Wow... you're incredibly witty. eyebrow

Stephen Ash:
No. Usually it is Dr. Stephen Ash.

Oh... I get it. You're making fun of my last name... like the kids did back in grade school. Wow... you're incredibly witty. eyebrow
Its from the deep air dives.

I can see it now... scootering along... without a care...
lay off the trigger and get slingshot through the tail section. Awesome.

OneBrightGator:
I can see it now... scootering along... without a care...
lay off the trigger and get slingshot through the tail section. Awesome.
and what it would do to the probability of having kids. Maybe its a good thing he is going to try it.

LOL.

You guys crack me up.

Good to see you back, Ben.

JeffG:
and what it would do to the probability of having kids. Maybe its a good thing he is going to try it.

Maybe, by constantly snapping that thing against his nether regions, it keeps his mind sharp and focused. At 190 on air I just might try it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom