Empty Cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other question guys,
I bought a 2nd hand semi dry(oceanic,shadow) which fits fine but when I finish my dive all the warm water flows to my ankles, where it fills and swells out as it is trapped by the rubber seals, it washes and squelches around while walking back to the car or whatever until I let it out.Although this is no big problem, I don't notice it happening on other peoples suits
and it never happened with other suits I dived in before.Did anyone ever experience this before and what did you do about it?

thanks

Get a dry suit...or get me one.:D

Sounds like the suit is not snug around your neck, allowing water to flow in. Kinda defeats the semi-dry idea.

I agree with previous posters, just keep the valves closed until you get them to your LDS. After their inspection and fill, keep them secured and stored upright. Always wash the outside of your tanks after diving saltwater and remove boots to be sure any salt residue has been removed. Replace the boots after drying for stability during storage. Tanks should be visually inspected 1x /yr unless the tank has been damaged from a fall. If either of your tanks get breathed dry during a dive, they should be inspected for water intrusion. They should have a hydro inspection every 5 yrs. Tanks can last a long time if they are properly cared for and inspected.

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
I have rack (horizontal) I made for transporting my tanks in the trunk of my car, and I also us it to store them between dive .... Why do they need to be stored upright?

I have rack (horizontal) I made for transporting my tanks in the trunk of my car, and I also us it to store them between dive .... Why do they need to be stored upright?

Because if there was moisture in the tank it would cause pitting corrosion in the tank side instead of the bottom which is much thicker material.

Because if there was moisture in the tank it would cause pitting corrosion in the tank side instead of the bottom which is much thicker material.
Which should never happen, but does - right...?

Hello there everyone,
My son and I got new cylinders just before xmas and both of them were totally empty.
Now I know it's not good to have totally empty cylinders and I will have them filled in a day or two as soon as these dive shops open back up.My question is 'what kind of time frame are we talking about,regarding an empty tank and getting it filled before moisture starts affecting it? I have kept them indoors since I got them and away from outside walls just to be on the safe side.My mistake I guess was getting them delivered so close to xmas when everyone was shutting up shop for the holidays.

Thanks for reading ,listening and in advance for any answers..

Another reason to "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DIVE SHOP " a shop usually fills the cylindre and delivers it with current vip.Remember alwya store the cylinders upright

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom