Environmental seal bulging out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LordHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a HOG reg where the environmental soft seal on the top pushes out, but only little. Is that bad even if it is that little or should it be flat? In your opinion, what are the regulators that are most common for this problem?

1670196968161.png

Remove it, pressurize the reg and reinstall it while under pressure.

+1 for this advise.

It is not super common but it does happen over time. Just gas that slowly makes its way through the diaphragm. I find with super high He mixes (+70%) this happens even more. All my deep bail outs always have this happen eventually.

Just unscrew it and screw it back. 5-10 second fix.

Thanks all. As long as it is safe and not a major problem. I will send them for service anyway.

It's completely normal that the environmental seal bulges out a bit when under pressure.
Where should the air that is compressed by the pressurized main diaphragm go?
For me that bulge on that pic looks normal if the 1st is pressurized.....

It's completely normal that the environmental seal bulges out a bit when under pressure.
But this one is not in the picture.

But this one is not in the picture.
Yes, that's true, it's not connected.....
But OP writes about the diaphragm pushing out just a little, so I guess there's no reason for checking, the OP just didn't expect the diaphragm to bulge at all.

Look at it close, it’s not on a tank.
That’s why I asked where he was located, if he was up at altitude when that shot was taken then it makes sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom