equipment check out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polysemous1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
so, I'm thinking of buying some used equipment to get me through the next several months. Of course, before going in the water they need to be checked out by a perfeshional, if my LDS doesn't sell the line, should I still take them (reg, bcd) or should I send them off someplace?

Cheers,

Dave

buy what your lds sells or find a dealer for what you buy many parts are unique to a given manufacturer and if a shop is not a dealer for brand x they cant get brand x parts, or even brand x service manuals. personally I buy new from the lds, that way you're not getting a surprise

Dave give us a call we'll try and take care of you.

Happy Diving

polysemous1:
so, I'm thinking of buying some used equipment to get me through the next several months.

Why buy used equipment that your only going to use for a few months? Are you planning to buy new equipment afterwards? If so, wouldnt it be more cost effective to just rent for a couple of months, unless of course your going to be diving a WHOLE LOT in the next few months, making renting less feasible. The cost to buy and then service used gear for only a couple months use seems a bit odd to me.

Of course there are probably factors Im not considering, so ....I would try to buy gear that your local LDS can service. If your only going to use for the short term, it would be nice to buy gear that has been recently serviced. Perhaps someone has offered you a great deal on some gear that hasnt been used in 5 years...a deal you cant refuse? That's great, but if your local LDS cant service it...it may not be so great.

Can you tell us a little more about your circumstances and long range plans?

Back
Top Bottom