Equipment Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the answers. I know that I do not need a computer during the training but i will need one when I get my certificate. So maybe, waiting to see if a new model will be released to the market, would be a clever choice, yes?

Thanks for all the answers. I know that I do not need a computer during the training but i will need one when I get my certificate. So maybe, waiting to see if a new model will be released to the market, would be a clever choice, yes?
I've made it 3 years since my first cave class without a computer, and I haven't needed one. Why do you need one after you get your cert?

The Apex XTX50s are a fine reg for your doubles. Most Apex regs are pretty much functionally the same. I've got the XTX200s which are much the same as the 50s but have a knob on the side to adjust the cracking pressure. One good thing about these regs is that they can be run right or left handed - good if you decide to use them on stages or sidemounts down the track. The Scubapro Mk17 S600 regs are also popular - some say these allow you to route the hoses a bit better on doubles as they have a port on the top of the reg.

The Sunnto is a fine computer - very compact and user friendly. I use the VRX which is arguably a bit more flexible but bulkier. The Shearwater is good. The Liquid Vision is meant to be good too but I haven't dived it.

The Apex XTX50s are a fine reg for your doubles. Most Apex regs are pretty much functionally the same. I've got the XTX200s which are much the same as the 50s but have a knob on the side to adjust the cracking pressure. One good thing about these regs is that they can be run right or left handed - good if you decide to use them on stages or sidemounts down the track. The Scubapro Mk17 S600 regs are also popular - some say these allow you to route the hoses a bit better on doubles as they have a port on the top of the reg.

The Sunnto is a fine computer - very compact and user friendly. I use the VRX which is arguably a bit more flexible but bulkier. The Shearwater is good. The Liquid Vision is meant to be good too but I haven't dived it.

XTX 50, 100, & 200 2nd stages all have venturi & cracking pressure control knobs. Apart from external cosmetic variations, they are the same 2nd stage.

The Apex XTX50s are a fine reg for your doubles. Most Apex regs are pretty much functionally the same. I've got the XTX200s which are much the same as the 50s but have a knob on the side to adjust the cracking pressure

Actually the 50s also have the CP adjustment knob, same as the 100 and 200 second stages. They're all functionally identical. It's the 40s and 20s that don't have the knob, and the 20 is also missing the heat exchanger

EDIT: Typed while Kern was posting

I have the MK17 and the G250V. The 17 is sealed and the 250 has an adjustment. Would these be considered Tec regs???

What makes a tec reg?

Actually the 50s also have the CP adjustment knob, same as the 100 and 200 second stages. They're all functionally identical. It's the 40s and 20s that don't have the knob, and the 20 is also missing the heat exchanger

The 40s can be adjusted using an allen key anyway, I suspect the 20 can too but I've never seen one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom