Equipments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then, is there any good shopping site that you suggest ? I have found only scuba.com and scubatoys.com that are pretty trust-worthy.

Plus any more comments, suggestions on my selections ? Should I go for 5mm or 7mm ?....

I dive SE asia in the summer with a 3mm, and the freezing cold Great Lakes of N. America with a 7mm (45 degs F - 60 degs F).

Personally, I think for deep SE asia and FL diving, you would be better off with the 5mm.

7mm is for really cold water. And its a huge pain-in-the-butt to get on. You will also be really hot on the boat between dives in the 7mm suit. Unless its just CoLd (burrr) stay away from the 7mm.

Just my opinion! Happy diving!

I listed a few different stores in my giant post, but since you asked again, I guess you missed them.

The short version is: I've done business with
Scuba Equipment, Scuba Gear Scuba Diving Equipment Discount dive gear Snorkeling Equipment and Wetsuits Cheap online
Dive Right In Scuba -#1 for Scuba Diving Certification, Training, and Classes in Illinois
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment
Scuba.com Diving Portal - Scuba Gear, Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I've spoken with William at Scuba Gear, Scuba Diving Equipment and Discount Snorkeling from Scubabasics.com and he seemed nice enough, but I ended up getting a better deal with another retailer. When I sent him an email to let him know I was going with a different retailer, he replied and thanked me for giving him the chance to make an offer, even though he didn't ultimately get the sale.

As for 5mm wetsuits, there is a new thread that talks about Waterproof and Henderson suits.. you might want to read their opinions http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/314123-5mm-gold-core-vs-merino-vs-others-waterproof-disapoints.html

Thanks guys.

As for boots, I usually wear 8.5-9 size shoes. Should I go with 8 or 9 for diving boots ?

Ow, this process is way harder than I thought. There are so many options out there that I don't know which one to choose. Now I am set with 5mm. However, there are still many brands to choose from. I am stuck between Waterproof Lynx, Pinnacle Merino, and Henderson H2. Which should I pick ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom