Especias Restaurant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a fine 10w30 to wash it down ;-)

Decanted of course....the only way to serve 10 w 30.... Oh, don't forget the ice !!! ;-)

Italian restaurant in Cozumel??

I'll pass

Jerry

Jerry!! You haven't lived until you've had the Calzone and garlic bread from Guido's!

:bored2:Sorry to get off topic here. On my last trip this January I decided to try out the New Especias. I was reluctant as I liked the old Especias and Adrian was entertaining when he was there. New owner who is also the chef(Italian) We ordered two entrees that we split a pasta and the filet. They were both excellent. The steak done to perfection and the price was excellent. I also had the calamari and was expecting the usual fried calamari however it was done more as a salad. Wines were reasonable and we lucked out with no reservations however it is a small restaurant and you might have to wait if you do not book ahead. There are some good reviews on Trip Advisor. Carry on!!

:bored2:Sorry to get off topic here. On my last trip this January I decided to try out the New Especias. I was reluctant as I liked the old Especias and Adrian was entertaining when he was there. New owner who is also the chef(Italian) We ordered two entrees that we split a pasta and the filet. They were both excellent. The steak done to perfection and the price was excellent. I also had the calamari and was expecting the usual fried calamari however it was done more as a salad. Wines were reasonable and we lucked out with no reservations however it is a small restaurant and you might have to wait if you do not book ahead. There are some good reviews on Trip Advisor. Carry on!!
Yeah, darn you for getting off topic by being on topic :D

Thanks for the review! Can I ask more about the pasta and also, was the filet served with pasta or potatoes?

More like Mexican food in Cozumel - I'll pass. :)

So many other unique and great places to eat offering food types from around the world. Try them, you will not be disappointed! Anything Adrian cooks up is amazing.
We went to Especias last trip to Coz, and I had my cap set for the Indian Shrimp. We found out that the restaurant had gone Italian, and though Adrian was still the owner, he no longer was involved in the day to day operation. I cannot review the food, as we went down the street to Kondesa instead, which was excellent.

---------- Post added March 5th, 2014 at 08:35 PM ----------

Merlot has an affinity for tomato-based sauces, cabs are better with meats. Sure, we can all drink whatever we wish. I've seen people drink white zinfandel with prime rib in the historic heart of red zinfandel. But that doesn't make it right.
That doesn't make it wrong, either. Pairings are just someone's opinion, and tastes vary. I drink red wine with sushi. Horrors! :D

I live 20 minutes from the Temecula wine country. I don't like wine of any type. Guess who gets to be the DD for a bunch of drunk wine club women? It doesn't get any better than that! <<<<<<sarcasm

back on the topic at hand, Guidos is good however we went to one on the water last year that was good also. The name escapes me though. After eating Mexican for days on end a good cheese burger (club Paradise) or Italian is a good change of pace, with a Mexican beer!

Merlot has an affinity for tomato-based sauces, cabs are better with meats. Sure, we can all drink whatever we wish. I've seen people drink white zinfandel with prime rib in the historic heart of red zinfandel. But that doesn't make it right.

Woweee, Mossman, you're a wine expert too? Thank you so much for saving the rest of us from making a terrible mistake. I have a question for you, what wine goes with 53 beers?

Woweee, Mossman, you're a wine expert too? Thank you so much for saving the rest of us from making a terrible mistake. I have a question for you, what wine goes with 53 beers?

Thats a trick question, were the beers IPA, Lager or run of the mill Mexican beers?? &#55357;&#56835;

I'm amazed someone follows my drinking career so closely, but I'm pretty sure it was only 52 on that voyage.

The wine was over-priced IMO, nothing under $35 a bottle. We had a cab and a Chianti, managed to stretch them out over four of the nights that had wine-worthy dinners. Obviously I prefer all-inclusive liveaboards. I barely drank at all on that trip.

No expert, but I've probably consumed more wine than most :) I've sat through countless wine lectures, attended many wine dinners, and have tasted all over California and even a little in Tuscany.

If you're jealous of me, you're better off keeping it to yourself. It's not becoming when you post it for everyone to see.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 12:23 PM ----------

Thats a trick question, were the beers IPA, Lager or run of the mill Mexican beers?? &#55357;&#56835;
Bintang, which I'm pretty sure is a lager.

Wine is definitely pricey in Indonesia. On my other trip there, to Wakatobi, they had no bottles under $40 on the list so I just stuck with the plonk they served by the glass. The waitstaff got to know my preferences really well, would automatically bring me a glass of white and a glass of red as soon as I sat down. The bartender made some very nice martinis, however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom