Especias Restaurant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I see that Especias now goes by New Especias. Has the ownership or location changed?

We always enjoyed it in the past.

Thanks,

PH

Ownership and the menu have changed. It is now Italian.

Italian restaurant in Cozumel??

I'll pass

Jerry

As far as I know, Adrian Angulo still owns it. He just changed cuisines from Argentinean-tinged to Italian.

There are LOTS of Italian restaurants in Cozumel. There's even an Italian cooking school. Adrian made an extensive trip to Italy just prior to the transition for research.

I can get to pretty good Italian places in the North End of Boston, so I rarely go for Italian when I'm in Cozumel. If I were to get a hankering for Italian, though, I'd probably hit up Especias.

I'll pass
There are other great choices for Italian if you're passing on this one. Guido's is excellent.

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 09:34 AM ----------

As far as I know, Adrian Angulo still owns it. He just changed cuisines from Argentinean-tinged to Italian.

There are LOTS of Italian restaurants in Cozumel. There's even an Italian cooking school. Adrian made an extensive trip to Italy just prior to the transition for research.

I can get to pretty good Italian places in the North End of Boston, so I rarely go for Italian when I'm in Cozumel. If I were to get a hankering for Italian, though, I'd probably hit up Especias.
Argentinian-tinged is pretty much synonymous with Italian already. "It is estimated up to 24 million Argentines have some degree of Italian descent (up to 60% of the total population), making it the largest ethnic group in the country."

I feel similarly to you. I can get to pretty good Mexican places in the L.A. area, so I rarely go for Mexican when I'm in Cozumel. The Italian out here isn't so great, however, so it's a nice treat on the island.

I'll pass

Jerry

Or Sorrisi's---Spaghetti en Crusta, Ceasar Salad, nice bottle of Cab (They have MANY), oh, and Go ahead, try a dessert...all is good !!!! BTW- Portions are all large enough to share, especially with an appetizer. However, next time we are in Cozumel, I will definitely stop in at Especia's.

Or Sorrisi's---Spaghetti en Crusta, Ceasar Salad, nice bottle of Cab (They have MANY), oh, and Go ahead, try a dessert...all is good !!!! BTW- Portions are all large enough to share, especially with an appetizer. However, next time we are in Cozumel, I will definitely stop in at Especia's.
Cab with spaghetti? :shocked2::shocked2:

L.A. Cetto makes some nice Nebbiolo.

Cab with spaghetti? :shocked2::shocked2:

L.A. Cetto makes some nice Nebbiolo.

Yes, I happen to like an earthy cab with pasta. You sir may have whatever you wish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom