Etihad Airways Baggage requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nstead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone flown with Etihad Airways?

I wanted to know whether they give any extra baggage allowance to Divers, so I phoned to ask. After being put on hold for a couple of minutes, I was told that Scuba Gear has to go Freight !!

I thought this was rather strange, so I phoned back a while later and spoke to someone else, who gave me the same story. When I said that they were the only airline I'd ever heard of that didn't allow Scuba Gear in checked luggage, I was put on hold for another couple of minutes, and then told that I could take Scuba gear in checked Luggage, and that I could request an extra 10Kg free, at check-in.

I just wondered whether anyone had actually flown with them, and what happened with them.

I don't want to get to the airport, and then have some check-in clerk insist that the Scuba gear has to go freight!

Neil.

Etihad does allow scuba gear. Taken gear on board for the last three years with them. Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom