Everything checked but not getting thread updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Started on thursday I think. Usually around 4:15 AM my blackberry would get the thread updates that come daily. Now not getting any emails from SB including PM notices. Kind of inconvenient when it seems that lately some need responded to and I can't wait til I get home from work. Has something changed that affects this function? It also helps keep up on the subjects I'm interested in and shortcuts having to look for them.

Does sb email me when i post to or start a thread and if so why am i not getting these emails

thanks

I don't remember getting an e-mail when I start a thread but after I start one and someone makes a post to it, I get an e-mail telling me that the thread has been "updated" or something like that.

Also, if I post to a thread already started, I don't know that I get a e-mail when I first post to it but get one when the thread is posted to after I have done so. Again saying the thread has been updated.

I'm sure a staff person will come on here and let you know for sure.

Oh yes. There may be a setting that you can turn on or off to receive those e-mails.

In your User CP you will notice a button on the left entitled Edit Options. That has the settings for how the server will notify you of any thread you have subscribed to. Changing this will not affect prior threads you have participated on. It will affect any subsequent threads you participate on. Feel free to click on either link in this thread as they are both active.

I hope that helps and thanks for bringing it up!

We moved the source of the thread/subscription updates from one place to another. There was a config error...We have made some minor tweaks to that system today. If you don't get the updates tomorrow morning... Please let us know, and we'll investigate further.

Does sb email me when i post to or start a thread and if so why am i not getting these emails
You can subscribe to any thread using the Thread Tools drop down menu found at the top of every thread. The default option set by you as described by NetDoc above will govern what happens when you do.

We moved the source of the thread/subscription updates from one place to another. There was a config error...We have made some minor tweaks to that system today. If you don't get the updates tomorrow morning... Please let us know, and we'll investigate further.

I got a bunch of thread updates that were a week old today. :D

I got a bunch of thread updates that were a week old today. :D

You're special - I guess?

Back
Top Bottom