Excess baggage on PT Nam/Sriwijaya Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've looked at the website for Sriwijaya and it seems I may be able to prepay for excess baggage online 24 hours before my flight.
Has anyone had to do this? Is it cheaper than paying at the counter like other airlines?

They allow 15k for coach but I will most likely be over with my gear.
It’s a domestic PT Nam flight if that makes a difference.
I’ve read on older threads that they allow 10k extra for dive equipment. Is this still true?

Thanks

If you need more and you can prepay I would prepay. It is helpful and way easier. They were allowing extra kgs for scuba in January but I can't remember how much.
Were you able to prepay online?

I actually didn't need to... we may have been flying biz class. I can't remember. I remember the allowance being pretty high for sports but not sure what policy is now. I looked at my ticket and I had 30kg + sports so I was coverered. I did prepay for the Lion flights that I took last month and it was super easy to check-in etc. Fast and easy with no stress. I tend to book my flights with the liveaboard I am traveling on, that way when a flight is cancelled or changed (which happened 2x last trip) they deal with the changes and know about it right away. I booked flights once on my own and learned a great lesson. It is a ton easier now with apps like Nusatrip etc. but when the flights cancel you don't always hear about it. I would stay on top of the status all the way to the airport.

Good tip about having the Liveaboard book flights. It’s my first, but next time, I’ll go that route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom