Expedited visa for Indonesia needed from USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gravity

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any advice for getting a expedited visas to indonesia? Last minute trip planing has got me in a bind. I am currently in Ecuador and return to the USA on Saturday, Nov 7th. On Sunday, Nov 16th I fly to Bali. I have more than 30 days of reservations booked, so VOA probably won't work. I could leave the country after 33 days, but I would prefer to spend Christmas in Bali. I have checked with an expediter (travisa.com) and they say that currently it is running five days to get a visa and they don't have any way to expedite.

Part of the way I got myself in this bind is that the expediters have info online suggesting that for a fee they can do it in one day. I stupidly relied on that information, but when I contacted them they said that is not the case. They say everything is five days right now. If I overnight paperwork to them Monday after I return, the 5th business day is the following Monday, the day after I leave.

My wife searched online and found that fines for overstaying a visa are $20 per day, which we could manage if we left after 33 days, but the thought of that stresses me out a bit. Seems like something they could really hassle us on or change their mind about the amount of the fine.

I know it is a long shot, and I am probably going to have to pay the airlines steep fee for changing tickets, but if anyone knows a way to get it in 3 days or less I would really appreciate it.

you can fly bali to KL on air asia return for less than $100. they fly up to 5 times per day. Fly to KL in the morning and fly back in the evening. Not really convenient but it's one option

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom