Experience diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... for me experience diver is the one who respect all the rules and stay close to your buddy..

Every new diver that I certify meets this requirement, but they're not "experienced." There are many qualifying factors within this definition; the largest one imo, is that they dive within the envelope of their training and experience. Diving to these limits will expand their experience and generally increase the person's ability to dive safely in unexpected situations.

Experience comes from being in a situation and learning from it, anything before this and you might have knowledge. Saying a knowledgeable diver had a fatality might be more accurate to define skill level.

Those who survive a critical incident gain experience form it by having the knowledge and mental capability to deal with it coupled with some luck.

Experienced divers are those who have retired from diving!!! :D

In order to promote further thought, frustration or anger
on the every dive chance, that one would wind up out of
visibility range a compas is invaluable in reacquiring the
invisible divers redundant boat

Well said.

The day that I am no longer nervous about a dive is the day that I should stop diving. I think a little bit of fear/concern is healthy. Mother Nature always wins. But, I mitigate my risks by diving with a competent buddy, continuing my training, practicing my skills circuit, servicing my gear on time, and diving with proper equipment at all times. Although I am a DMC, I do not consider myself an expert. I consider myself a contientious diver who is always learning.

I love diving Solo!!!!

The day that I am no longer nervous about a dive is the day that I should stop diving. I think a little bit of fear/concern is healthy. Mother Nature always wins. But, I mitigate my risks by diving with a competent buddy, continuing my training, practicing my skills circuit, servicing my gear on time, and diving with proper equipment at all times. Although I am a DMC, I do not consider myself an expert. I consider myself a contientious diver who is always learning.

A good example of someone who could be considered experienced though having less than 100 dives. I do all of these things too, and wouldn't dive solo as much if in a different locale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom