Fantasy Island Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi ScubaBoard Friends! We are just back from our latest trip to Roatan, so I am obliged to post a trip report...WITH PHOTOS...to make you all smile.

As usual, we had a wonderful time with our buddies at the dive shop. We LOVE diving at the Fantasy Island dive shop and this trip was incredible as usual. Even Tropical Storm Alex didn't keep us from diving - now THAT'S dedication :rofl3:

The resort itself was fine. Really, their beach is absolutely beautiful and the pool is great. We had no problems with the rooms, but the usual issues with hot water. This time I have to jump on the bandwagon with some of the others and say that the food was really pitiful. The quality got much better on the weekend, when numerous Honduran families came over from the mainland. Sunday night it was back to the same old, same old.

But here's the BIG news. While we were there, the staff was informed that the current company leasing the FIBR property will not renew their lease in October. The owner of the resort is going to take over again and I am told he plans to make a major investment in making improvements to the resort. That's all I know for now, but I have high hopes for the future of FIBR :D

As promised, here a few of the HUNDREDS of pictures I took during the course of the week:

Attachments

• PICT2057.jpg
    PICT2057.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 128
  • PICT2059.jpg
    PICT2059.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT2102.jpg
    PICT2102.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT2045.jpg
    PICT2045.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT2010.jpg
    PICT2010.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT1976.jpg
    PICT1976.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT1854.jpg
    PICT1854.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 95
  • PICT1823.jpg
    PICT1823.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT2202.jpg
    PICT2202.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 100
WITH PHOTOS...to make you all smile.

Don't you mean cry?????:(:(:(
I want to go diviiiiing.........:(:(:(

I just got back from the bank paying my bills... It doesn't look like I'll be diving anytime soon... :(:(:(

Then get up and go! Memories are the most worthwhile expense in existence :D

Thanks for the report and pics! Can't wait to hit the Island for my first time in August :D
What is your u/w camera set-up (if I may ask) ?

Hey, CajunDiva

ThanX for the current update ! Love the pics also.

We leave on the 17th for our first trip to FIBR; happy to see some more satisfied divers !

Glad to get your report and hear that the diving was great.
Was the food really bad? Was there stuff you can eat? haha...
Do people ever go into West Bay or West End for dinner? Do you know what it cost to take taxi to either one?
We stayed West Bay last year and hope we won't be dissappointed...

Lynn, in 2006 when I was there for 50$ you could hire a minivan and driver for a whole evening who would take you to west end and follow you arround for transport. It was well worth it. We were 4 to go and slit the cost. The van could have taken 6 easily...

Glad to get your report and hear that the diving was great.
Was the food really bad? Was there stuff you can eat? haha...
Do people ever go into West Bay or West End for dinner? Do you know what it cost to take taxi to either one?
We stayed West Bay last year and hope we won't be dissappointed...

b
Lynn, in 2006 when I was there for 50$ you could hire a minivan and driver for a whole evening who would take you to west end and follow you arround for transport. It was well worth it. We were 4 to go and slit the cost. The van could have taken 6 easily...

did they set it up for you or did you do it on your own? I would like to go one day and say hello to people we met in West Bay who worked there and there were good lobster dinner I would like to go back to. I just read a bunch of reviews on tripadvisor from people that have stayed at FIBR in the last month and they said the food wasn't bad.
While our major thing is diving.... not eating as long as it is edible I am good....happy with fruit and pasta...
Thanks
Lynn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom