Feet are sink'N!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've been diving for 19 yrs. My feet have ALWAYS sank on me unless I'm in a drysuit. Does anyone make ankle floats?

Beast has the same problem. One thing that helps him is he bought 7mm booties. He raised his tank just a bit and moved his weights.

I've been threatening to cut the legs out of an old 7mm suit so he can use them like gaitors!

I've got the same problem, big time! I really want ankle-floats, too, although I'm wondering if there might be some safety issues with that. Here are some other suggestions I've gotten so far...I haven't had the chance to try most of them yet, so I can't vouch for their effectiveness, but here they are:

Tank weights (or more tank weights)
Steel tanks instead of aluminum
Positively buoyant fins(or at least less neg ones)
Shift in tank position

Let me know if you come up with any other solutions, or find ankle floats!

Dee, if you do cut up that wetsuit for gaitors, please post the results here!

Good luck!

otter-cat:)

I had the same issue - always being at a 45 degree angle rather than horizontal. I shifted the tank up a bit and also my weights. When I got a weight integrated BC (Sea Quest Pro QD) the problem seemed to solve itself as I have 2 kilos in the unditchable pockets by the tank.

with either my OMS IQ, my Oceanic Chute II, or my back plate and wings. I think it's the back inflation and steel tanks that do it for me.

I think I have found ankle floats! They are designed for educational use but I am sure they'd work.

Alternatively, you could aways try armbands !!

Ankle Floats

I don't know if you can buy them from this site - but I'll look into it!!! :wink:

I found some even more fashionable ones that can be purchased - but its based in NZ!

They look funky!!! Remember to get a larger size as it would have to go over a wetsuit boys!!

Fashion Accessory of the Year......isn't this!!

Go to the aqua fitness section of this webpage.

Fashion accessories they may be, but how do they perform at depth? Since they're made of "soft foam" and designed for surface activity rather than diving, I'm wondering if they'd be likely to compress to uselessness at depth. (I'm thinking they might.)

Thoughts on this, anyone?

otter-cat:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom