Female solodivers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
I think most solo divers that I know dive in tropical locations, good vis, warm water. To me, this is a lot more benign environment than poor vis cold water. While it is true that many things could go wrong, diving with a bad buddy can make things worse as well. Personally, I think the drive to the dive site is more dangerous than solo diving. I should preface this, I'm talking about experienced divers who do more than the average 10 dives a year.

I tend not to agree with you, I have done lots of 0 viz diving, which for all intensive purposes is solo diving. This is how I got starting in solo. I will admit most of my solo diving in tropical waters, but that is because I was living in the tropics (Hawaii) until I moved back east diving isn't so great in Maryland.

If a Woman dives Solo and nobody is there to hear it
does she make a sound ?
:huh:

:popcorn:

What about the Sirens ??? How about diving with one of them ?? Can you do that and still Solo at the same time?

Timeliner:
If a Woman dives Solo and nobody is there to hear it
does she make a sound ?
:huh:

:popcorn:

Is that a variation on:

If man says something in the forest, and no woman hears it, is it still wrong?

Hemlon:
I solo dive often and I'm 100% female!
Something about including a percentage in there seems... unsettling...

ClayJar:
Something about including a percentage in there seems... unsettling...

ClayJar She said 100%. I think that like means... totally :blinking:
Does that mean you would rather that Hemlon be less then perfect? :huh:

Including a percentage implies that although in this case it is 100%, in other cases it could be otherwise (say, 57%). *That* is the disturbing implication. :D

Back
Top Bottom