Fiji Aggressor II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I started diving two summers ago on a trip to Belize and it was love at first dive. For the past several months I've been researching a liveaboard trip, and eventually settled on the Fiji Aggressor. I just recently made the reservation and paid for the deposit and airfare. Then today I read an article about an experience by people on the Galapagos Aggressor involving a lack of safety equipment, incompetent/rude crew, and lousy management. I understand that different boats have different operators, this could have been an isolated incident, but I can't stop the worst-case scenarios (to the tune of approx. $5000, with no refund) that are now swimming through my head. To assuage my fears, is there anyone here who has ever been on the Fiji Aggressor, or know of someone, who can report a positive experience? I'm going for the diving, so reports that the food is a bit off isn't much of a concern. Thanks,

GTM

I've never dove on the Fiji Aggressor, but I did dive on the Kona Aggressor. The crew was outstanding. A divemaster was available to lead each dive if you wanted; they checked everybody's depth and bottom time after each dive; and the food was GREAT! Out of the three live aboards I've done, the Kona Aggressor had the best crew.

I used to work on that boat so i may be a bit biased...

Great boat, small group of guests, lots of service, great diving, and of course Fijians are some of the friendliest people on the planet.

Have no fears, you will love it.

Lots of individual boats from any company can have problems at one time or other - mechanical, crew, or whatever. I haven't been on the Fiji Aggressor, but the Palau Aggressor recently was great - and I'd heard they had issues once upon a time too.

As you probably already know, each boat is independently owned and operated. Aggressor is like a franchise that handles the booking for the different boats. I'm sure they try to maintain standards for all the boats, but I think that it would be incorrect to judge one operation by what one couple wrote about a different operation.

Fiji? I'd go in a heartbeat and probably pick the Aggressor boat to do it.

I think you will have a great time.

A couple of years ago I did a week on the Fiji Aggressor (the one that's in Tahiti now) and a few days at Garden Island Resort and that trip still ranks as the best trip I've ever done. The diving was fantastic and as Mike said the Fijians are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
Luke

Do enough searching and you are bound to find something on just about every dive operation. I've done 3 Aggressors and have 2 more booked for this year. Planning on Fiji in 2006. My experience has always been excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom