Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One part of this which I found strange.

In my experience, If I've been on a course, the instructor makes/lets you board first. On a fun dive, the client boards first, it just what instructors and guides do. I've never once on a commercial trip, seen the "pro diver" board before the customer

Or perhaps I'm thinking too deeply over this

Staring from the beginning, perhaps video of sawfish? He shouldn't have been where he was given what we know.

And there's that...

I guess all I'm saying is that if I were running hypoxic dil, I would consider some form of offboard gas that is breathable at the surface as a required bailout gas, in case onboard O2 was depleted or lost. If I was unable to guarantee a breathable pO2 at any point of my dive, then the plan would be to bail out. If there was no breathable gas available available for bail out that would get me all the way to the surface, then that's the perceived complacency I was referring to...I was trying to avoid the other points, as I really don't know enough to speculate what he should or should not have been doing on that dive

That would require way more facts than we currently know. And more still than could be proven based on what we know.

Let's not let our opinions of an individual get ahead of the facts.

Actually, I do know. It is fact and the witnesses confirm that, but thanks for your input. I guess.
Diving Dubai: that is a very good point. I have become friends with former students and I still to this day let them get onboard first when we fun dive, even though they are now excellent tech divers.

Does anyone know if Sotis had to be treated for DCI? I haven't seen any mention of his course of treatment beyond his initial first aid after allegedly passing out while climbing aboard the boat.

Thanks for posting the link. So, his buddy showed sign of distress after all, if he has to be pulled out of the water, not getting back on the boat on his own.

"His buddy was pulled into the boat and immediately passed out. When the crew turned to retrieve Stewart, he was no longer there."

One part of this which I found strange.

In my experience, If I've been on a course, the instructor makes/lets you board first. On a fun dive, the client boards first, it just what instructors and guides do. I've never once on a commercial trip, seen the "pro diver" board before the customer

Or perhaps I'm thinking too deeply over this

Forget about Instructors and Dive masters... The least experienced divers always gets out first... Looking after those less able is just being a GOOD PERSON.....

Jim...

I have no idea why Sotis is posting on social
Media, but he denied passing out on the AH Facebook page that was removed. Not before the lawyers screen shotted it, I'm sure.

Forget about Instructors and Dive masters... The least experienced divers always gets out first... Looking after those less able is just being a GOOD PERSON.....

Jim...

Unless the least experienced divers give OK sign & the Instructors and DMs show sign of distress, unable to get on the boat on their own will, like in this case.

he denied passing out on the AH Facebook page that was removed. Not before the lawyers screen shotted it, I'm sure.
Nope, it's still there. But should it have been removed, it's screenshotted in page 22 of this thread (by myself)

edit: badly phrased, I don't mean to have put it there as proof or anything, I had screened it to make it available to any reader of this thread easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom