Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not both?
Yeah, if I go to a BOV I would have an OC second stage, just probably not under my chin. Would probably have it bungeed to my bailout tank. Still considering BOV plugged into dil vs bailout, but I guess this is topic drift...

Yeah, if I go to a BOV I would have an OC second stage, just probably not under my chin. Would probably have it bungeed to my bailout tank. Still considering BOV plugged into dil vs bailout, but I guess this is topic drift...

Why not have both? I have bov plugged into dil and second stage on my bailout

We can start another thread but: in a hypercapnia hit you'll be hard pressed to deploy a reg bungeed to your bailout cylinder. Fine muscle control is the first thing to go.

We can start another thread but: in a hypercapnia hit you'll be hard pressed to deploy a reg bungeed to your bailout cylinder. Fine muscle control is the first thing to go.
Right, the idea would be to switch the BOV, and then deploy the bungeed bailout reg while breathing dil from the BOV.

Also, I have a JJ, and that GUE configuration looks interesting too. But that's DEFINITELY a topic for another thread.

There is evidence that this is incorrect: http://militarymedicine.amsus.org/doi/pdf/10.7205/MILMED-D-10-00420

I have gone back and forth about this myself. I don't use a chinstrap yet because I don't use a BOV, and I think that they should be used together. But I am strongly considering one...

This study of 54 rebreather divers losing consciousness underwater and 51 of them surviving (94%) is a VERY impressive statistic.

This is a moot point because Peter Sotis suggests to his students that they should remove the gag strap during class. This is strictly against rEvo's official standards. All instructors are also required to wear the gag straps while teaching which Peter Sotis does not do.

This is a moot point because Peter Sotis suggests to his students that they should remove the gag strap during class. This is strictly against rEvo's official standards. All instructors are also required to wear the gag straps while teaching which Peter Sotis does not do.
How do you know that?

I took my class years ago, so I don't know if it was required then... but no, I didn't have one and neither did Sotis.

Back
Top Bottom