Finally starting OW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoomer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, I finally have signed up for OW class.... October 6th and 7th and then dives on the 20th and 21st... :D

Good luck, it will be worth the effort.

Watch the passing threads in this forum for a lot of good solutions to challenges.

Pete

Best thing I ever did to practice for class was to fill the bathroom sink, stick my head in there, and breathe through my snorkel. No mask, just the snorkel. Got me used to breathing through my mouth only, and especially in a mask off situation, which you will be drilled on.

Thanks for the advice.... I've been snorkeling for a few years now and been swiming in the pool... guess I have to swim 200 yards and float for 10 minutes...

Thanks for the advice.... I've been snorkeling for a few years now and been swiming in the pool... guess I have to swim 200 yards and float for 10 minutes...

Its not that bad. The 10 minutes is nothing and you'll be snorkeling with a weight belt. You'll have a blast, especially in the Tampa area. Keep us posted on your status!

I just had my first OW class last Sunday. I was worried about the 10 minute float as I sink like a brick. I just did the float on my back and kept my lungs inflated as much as possible. This minimized my movement and kept me from getting tired. Wasn't bad at all in the end.

Good luck with your class. I had a blast during my first class.

-Will

Well, I finally have signed up for OW class.... October 6th and 7th and then dives on the 20th and 21st... :D

That's awesome. I just finished my confined water dive last weekend. I will never forget my first experience breathing underwater. I have two lake dives coming up in a week, I'm excited... Anyhow, Have fun I know I have so far. Keep us updated. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom