Finclip Vs Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While i think they should not be necessary, I think there is a real market for Finclips. I crewed for a bit on a local boat awhile back and was amazed how many recreational divers were unable to put fins on themselves and truly needed help. As he said, it's really not for everyone. Whereas I don't need them, I've seen quite a few divers who do. Good luck with your invention. ☺

I crewed for a bit on a local boat awhile back and was amazed how many recreational divers were unable to put fins on themselves and truly needed help.
Do you really think that people who are unable to put on they're own fins should be diving otherwise un-assisted in the ocean? That's crazy.

We all have to start some where. Not all divers have enough mobility or practice to easily put fins on, plenty dont dive enough to retain the muscle memory to easily do it on a boat with gear on. There is plenty of gear that I have no use for. That doesnt mean others wouldnt benefit from it and no one should use it.☺

I expected the comment about people who are unable to put their fins on should not be diving.

Some one like that doesn't consider the idea that there might be a legitimate reason.

I guess if you have fused vertebrae limiting movement in your lower back must qualify? I wonder why that is. It isn't a matter of can't, it is a matter of making life easier on a 60 or 70 year old who is at least trying to remain active and out doing what they enjoy.

I expected the comment about people who are unable to put their fins on should not be diving..

"diving un-assisted".... was the comment , not "not be diving."

Last edited:
"diving un-assisted".... was the comment , not "not be diving."

"Do you really think that people who are unable to put on they're own fins should be diving otherwise un-assisted in the ocean? That's crazy."

If you put it in full context.....

Oh wait, I meant their own fins, not they're own fins. My bad-ness.

What are you not getting?

Nothing.

Oh wait, I meant their own fins, not they're own fins. My bad-ness.

Take it up with the poster. I quoted it as it was written.

At any rate, the point is that there will be detractors to anything that isn't standard.

I still read it to mean that if you need this, you should probably not be diving. It is common to see such comments.

I think I might just put some money in the hat and see how it turns out. Looks like a good idea to me.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom