FINS, FINS, and more FINS!!! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keller,

I've dived jets, and Hollis F1's and F2's. I've also dived a number of other fins, but they all pale in comparison with these three. I like the jets, but I prefer the Hollis fins - The heavy batfin for drysuit diving is just sublime - I find I get a better power transfer to the fin, than when using jets (a longer foot pocket with support under a larger section of the foot I reckon) - and I really like the yellow tips or when I teach. For when I'm diving in a wetsuit, I prefer the F-2. And although the fin is small, and I'm a big bloke, I find it gets the job done - even with twins in a medium current.

I am a Tec/Rebreather Instructor, Wreck and Cave diver, Jet Fin Fan, enough said. I don't know of anyone that has been diving them for a long period of time, that find other fins acceptable/compareable. If you decide to go with the ScubaPro Jet Fins, they now offer them in colors, with spring straps and best part, at a great price! Check it out!

Up until now I've been a single tank diver using Mares Quattros. I've done a few wrecks (not technical penetration) with some penetration. The Quattros are a great fun.
I've recently moved onto sidemount with the intent to do more wrecks, and possibly cavern diving. As such I got a pair of OMS Slipstreams. They're lighter than the Jets (I'm leg heavy) and the Jets footpocket sizing just didn't fit properly. I did about 2hrs in the water with then yesterday practising finning and buoyancy and didn't feel too fatigued (buy I do run and do leg work as part of fitness).
Hope that helps.

I dive Mares Superchannels that I bought for $40 new. I bought them because they are red. They work as well as anything I have ever used. Don't fret the decision. It is just not a big deal.

The user tells you why his advice should not be heard.

Well I tried them out yesterday for scalloping. You need a pair of strong legs to use them without cramping in the back of your thighs. However, when we were free diving in 20ft everyone else was having issues with the current and getting down and back up except me. They were fast. The ease on and off in 3ft seas, at times, made it real nice getting back on the boat. The current was no match either but it did remind me that my legs are not as strong as they once were and that I need to build them back up. The control I had was great as well and frog kicks were a breeze. All in all....these are really good fins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well I tried them out yesterday for scalloping. You need a pair of strong legs to use them without cramping in the back of your thighs. However, when we were free diving in 20ft everyone else was having issues with the current and getting down and back up except me. They were fast. The ease on and off in 3ft seas, at times, made it real nice getting back on the boat. The current was no match either but it did remind me that my legs are not as strong as they once were and that I need to build them back up. The control I had was great as well and frog kicks were a breeze. All in all....these are really good fins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Which ones?

Back
Top Bottom