Fins Online forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divewench1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone else subscribe to 'Finsonline' Asia dive forum? This forum seems to have completely disappeared without any reason or warning?!
its address was www.finsonline.com, which cannot be found on my computer anymore, huh? any news or suggestions? :shakehead:

FiNS (the magazine, forum and blog) was something that the owner started as a hobby years ago. It was a very time consuming hobby for him and, I think, sometimes fairly expensive hobby too. I understand that since he went to an e-zine and blog, it started to make some money but likely not enough to keep his interest. I believe the site license was coming up for renewal which made him wonder whether to keep it. He did tell me that he was dropping the magazine and blog but may possibly leave the forum, IF (I understand) someone else administer it. Lately it has mostly become a place to buy/sell gear (which was excellent) or point fingers whenever there was an accident (a lot less good). I wasn't keen to spend more time moderating but before I knew it, the site was down and gown without a word or goodbye. Such is life. There are several other local forums to supplement ScubaBoard.

I'll send a PM but the forums don't really compete. Singapore / Malaysia have several local forums that really are local-local. Most people on FiNS were also on SB and posted different type of posts on each one. None-the-less, I'll send off-line.

Think I was 1 of the 1st ones to notice (was a "compulsive" Fins-er", especially on Mondays)... Sad that Fins is gone... :crying: (have bought a num of things fr there... :wink: & make several friends... ) & the magazine & e-mag were very nice too... RIP...

Just wondering : any of you SB'ers participating to the new forum launched by Asian diver/Scuba Australasia? Looks quite slow to start... :bored:
(Like Zippsy underlined, I don't think there's any competition : it's more of a SEA regional board than a general forum like S'board).

Just wondering : any of you SB'ers participating to the new forum launched by Asian diver/Scuba Australasia? Looks quite slow to start... :bored:
(Like Zippsy underlined, I don't think there's any competition : it's more of a SEA regional board than a general forum like S'board).
I signed up for one that started up this year. Not sure if it's the same one. There isn't a whole lot going on there (some buying and selling), but it's attractive.

I signed up for one that started up this year. Not sure if it's the same one. There isn't a whole lot going on there (some buying and selling), but it's attractive.

we're speaking about uw3some right? :)
there were nice videos at the start but it looks like it's already going mute :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom