Fins to back up in :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll confess and tell you that I like my Twinjets.

But I can't back up worth a damn in them. Oh, I can do it, but its very, very slow going. Painfully so.

I can do a nice modified frog, and a nice flutter, and have no complaints in that department.

I've dove the Jets and HATED them. Sold them too. :)

So.... are there any GOOD blades out there that (1) won't make my feet fall off, and (2) can be backed up in reasonably well? How about the Mares Volos? Any other suggestions?

I'm looking for an alternative to the TwinJets when I (1) don't care about the absolute top end performance, but (2) NEED the versatility of being able to reverse with reasonable ease.

Suggestions?

Tusa makes light blade that works quite nice.... I too find the jets a bit on the "working" side and rarely use them unless wearing a lot of rubber and pushing twins. Even then, I can still move along at a good clip with the TUSA.....(liberators, I think?) sheeze, had em three years and can't even remember the name....LOL

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom