Scuba Pro S tek fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After pulling hard push the next part into the lockView attachment 806554
if the loop inside keeps the cover from fitting just pull the bungee as tight as you can and put the cover on.

added length
View attachment 806555

put the straps back on the foot pocket and go dive
View attachment 806556
After switching the weight plate around and swapping the bungee, what's your current take?

I've got a pair on order that I'm hoping to test soon to have a personal perspective, but was wondering how you feel about them at this point with the small "mods" that you've done.

After switching the weight plate around and swapping the bungee, what's your current take?

I've got a pair on order that I'm hoping to test soon to have a personal perspective, but was wondering how you feel about them at this point with the small "mods" that you've done.
I’ll dive them Sunday so will have a better idea then. I did redo the weights, I left one on top and put the other in the original spot, I don’t think it will make any big difference but it looks a bit better.

I’ll dive them Sunday so will have a better idea then. I did redo the weights, I left one on top and put the other in the original spot, I don’t think it will make any big difference but it looks a bit better.
Thanks! Really appreciate all of your updates on here!

Only did one dive today, the S fins with the plate moved to the top performed so much better, frog kick improved a lot and no significant change to the flutter kick, maybe small improvement but that wasn’t my focus.

Only did one dive today, the S fins with the plate moved to the top performed so much better, frog kick improved a lot and no significant change to the flutter kick, maybe small improvement but that wasn’t my focus.
Just wanted to add that I had a chance to try them out in a pool today and went ahead with the purchase.

Couple observations from my time with them so far:
  • Definitely noticed the lack of power at the beginning of the frog kick. It was almost like a loading phase. After your comment about the plate location improving this, I'm not concerned and I plan on trying that solution out. I also felt like I might be able to change the attack angle of my kick to help here.
  • Flutter kicks felt fine, no complaints.
  • Shuffle kicks (the small adjustment kicks with no leg movement, probably a better name out there) I felt like it did a really good job
I should also add that I wear canoes for boots (size 15) and after bumping the strap to the back adjustable hole, it was very comfortable.

Please put a picture up of your final configuration here.

Please put a picture up of your final configuration here.
IMG_8598.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8596.jpeg

I haven’t added the Skegs yet, just got in some thin wall hole punches to do this, probably do it today.

Two nice dives with the modified S fins, now they are great, more control, better frog kick and really nice flutter kick. SP may want to fix the design :wink:

I think the super nova blade on the S Tek arms would be perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom