Fire in water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireKnight

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Brothers and Sisters. My name is Leo, I am a FireFighter in AFG. I recently went to St. Lucia and did a dive (30ft X 1/2 hour) and fell in love with my new life. I now want to climb the ladder in the SCUBA world and get to the top of the certifications. I don't know how long it will take to get all the certs but I will be there in due time. Thats all I have for now, Hope to talk to some people about SCUBA and I really hope to be certified and in the water SOON!!!!

Leo

It's crazy, I did a mini dive and now I really can not think of anything else I want to do! I have a house on Long Island, the water is like mud but I want to dive there too. I would change my career in a heartbeat if I could. I'm trying to get as much knowledge as I can on SCUBA (and there is ALOT out there).

Exactly what happened to me when I took my first beath under water! I am now a comm. diver and still find time to do rec. fun dives because I love it so much.
Take your time and enjoy the journey. The effort and time you put in to "master" your skills will payoff in long run.
See you topside! John

What are the different certs one can get? Is there a time frame (years) before I can get to the next step?

Hi Leo,
Welcome to the forum and wish you luck for your ambition.
Keep sharing your experience and achievements with other members as it will be inspiration for new members.

There are many agencies that will get you in the water as the common goal!
One of the differences will be in how or when certain skills will be taught or exposed to you. There are many threads with the good and the bad of the diff. dive orgs.. (you can use the search button) Take note that alot of hot air is blown about when discussing diff agencies. B] Find an instructor that you are comffortable with[/B]. Nobody likes everybody! Talk about the course they are offering and the schedule of their system being taught. I hope this helps, Dive safe and Good Luck!
See you topside! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom