Firefishvideo.com needs ride to middle grounds in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefishvideo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Just thought I'd put this out there...you never know what you'll find until you look right?
.....I'm going to me in Clearwater FL from March 14 through about the 21'st. I really want to get out to the middle grounds to shoot some video. I'm of course going to call around the area and ask the local dive shops/charters for some prices and availability....but my style of diving isn't for most charters. I'm ADV Trimix cert....thousands of dives,I DONT DIVE WITH A BUDDY (I cant be held responsible for watching someone else when I am filming), and I WILL go into DECO on EVERY DIVE. I am looking for some like minded divers, or a charter that will allow me to get out on some good spots and get some good video without any time limits or inexperienced buddies glued to me,kicking up silt, and scaring away the fish. If you know where I might find this could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks, Scott.

Attachments

• shark2.jpg
    shark2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 165
What is your budget? how many days you want to go for?

$300? For a whole day dedicated to your deco diving by yourself? Good luck with that.

$300? For a whole day dedicated to your deco diving by yourself? Good luck with that.
Yea, wouldn't THAT be NICE!!!!.....but no, thats not what I said.
Never said that there could not be other people on board....I'm not unreasonable, but I have seen charters to this spot for $275.....just don't want to be attached to another diver.....I actually like to get other divers in the shots, I just don't want to be responsible for them. Also I get good money for my video, so a trade would not be unreasonable either. If I had a buyer for this shoot , I would gladly pay for the entire charter, but since I'm just on vacation, my budget is small......I'll have to take what I can get. .....also , just saw the middle grounds vis report, and may have to stick to Crystal river for some viz!

Yea, wouldn't THAT be NICE!!!!.....but no, thats not what I said.
Never said that there could not be other people on board....I'm not unreasonable, but I have seen charters to this spot for $275.....just don't want to be attached to another diver.....I actually like to get other divers in the shots, I just don't want to be responsible for them. Also I get good money for my video, so a trade would not be unreasonable either. If I had a buyer for this shoot , I would gladly pay for the entire charter, but since I'm just on vacation, my budget is small......I'll have to take what I can get. .....also , just saw the middle grounds vis report, and may have to stick to Crystal river for some viz!

If you can swing $1500 or something, I might be able to tag along (and find a boat).

I know a full charter would cost $2k , unfortunatly I can't swing even half of that for this trip......also with the questionable viz , I would hate for any one person to have that much invested in the trip...... I'm hoping to split it up quite a bit more, or find a better solution.
.....Here is some video that I shot locally in Pensacola this fall. We have some good Natural bottom areas, they are just not as large at the Middle Grounds.

Night Diving Natural Reefs of Pensacola Fl - YouTube

try aristakat charters, 30ft twin cat out of north port, I dive with him often lately.. we are thinking about a ride to the middle grounds soon to do some spearfishing.. tell him mike from bradenton sent you..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom