First Aid/CPR Poll

For cert. (non working pro) divers:

• My First Aid/CPR certification is current.

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • My First Aid/CPR certification has expired.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I have never taken First Aid/CPR.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First aid/CPR Poll for certified (not working pro) divers: Just curious what the %s are. Non active pros and Rescue Divers may also respond.

Mine is out a year, am planning on going through it again this spring. I do however, go through the book and tape every six to nine months along with the Rescue materials. It is not the same as practice, but it does keep it on ones mind.

Bob
------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Mine was expired by 10 years but decided to renew it last month. Now looking for a rescue refresher.

Mine is out a year, am planning on going through it again this spring. I do however, go through the book and tape every six to nine months along with the Rescue materials. It is not the same as practice, but it does keep it on ones mind.

Bob
------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Yeah, I review the book too. Sometimes I think that (even by itself without a class) is probably better than simply taking the review class every 2-3 years without any study in between. Who remembers any detail for 2 years? Along the same lines for Rescue Course: You assemble the O2 kit once or twice--without review, you'll remember that precisely?

I have to have ACLS for work (and renew every tow years), I would probably have a harder time maintaining if wasn't for work.

I did forget to consider that quite a few employers (outside of scuba) require it to be kept current. But that's OK, the poll isn't about seeing how many divers are dedicated about it or not. It's just to see what % are out there diving with it, without it, or without it being current.

I'm a volunteer firefighter, so I keep my CPR/AED and first aid certs updated.

A number of Industries here in OZ require yearly re-certification of CPR. All Oxgyen delivery and AED courses are yearly renewal. I don't mind that.. Keeps me in a job:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom