First Dive with BP/W...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c I started out with an AT-Pac back in the 70's and can testify to the propaganda to discredit the BC.

AT-Pac - that was what I was looking for a picture of when I found that .pdf.

Looks like history has come around. I think the jackets may look modern and fancy and be comfortable on the shore or boat but the wing certainly felt better under the water, not that I felt uncomfortable above the water in it. I suspect aesthetics and marketing and style issues had a lot of influence on design rather than performance.

MT

I think the jackets may look modern and fancy and be comfortable on the shore or boat but the wing certainly felt better under the water, not that I felt uncomfortable above the water in it. I suspect aesthetics and marketing and style issues had a lot of influence on design rather than performance.

MT
Actually I found the opposite. We often hike to our dive sites, and with just an HP100 on my back, using what is supposed to be a top of the line Scubapro Knighthawk, I found my shoulder would hurt right at the neck. Switched to a BP/W and can stand for a long time with an HP130, including a lead wedge, on my back now.

To me simple and sporty is far sexier than stitched up fabric. Then again my stainless singles plate is fully polished, and every hundred dives or so gets re-polished.

Back
Top Bottom