First Diving Suit for Northern New England Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit, be prepared they are pricey.

Should we put him into sticker shock with what our new DUIs cost? :D

OP, made in the US is important to me. I also clear imported shipments through US Customs on the job so I have no desire to deal with the BS of shipping from overseas (Seaskin in the UK). I paid $4100 for a made to measure DUI FLX Extreme this past fall. Add on $565 for an undies package that included a made to measure undersuit, plus stock size socks and vest. I’m a hard fit in regular clothes so made to measure was an absolute necessity. Fits wonderfully and dives great. If there are any issues, my suit would just have to go back to California.

Mine was more than that, I had other options added.

With that said the ones me and @Marie13 got are very high end. There are other less expensive options.

With that said the ones me and @Marie13 got are very high end. There are other less expensive options.

The SB darling Seaskin will run you about $1500 it seems for a suit with a lot of options, from what others have posted.

We live in NH year round, so as often as the conditions will allow. I'd rather be diving than skiing.

My impression is that my LDS has it's finger on the pulse, so I will be connecting with them. i was just hoping to get my bearings here before I start the conversation with them.
What kind of dry suit you were using in your OW course?
I assumed you have done the dry suit course in your OW training. So what material you have in mind?
Neoprene is the best if you are diving only locally. It has advantage(cheap, easy to maintain, no need for undergarment) and disadvantage(bulky, need more dead weight, lost of buoyancy at depth).

What kind of dry suit you were using in your OW course?
I assumed you have done the dry suit course in your OW training. So what material you have in mind?
Neoprene is the best if you are diving only locally. It has advantage(cheap, easy to maintain, no need for undergarment) and disadvantage(bulky, need more dead weight, lost of buoyancy at depth).

He stated he did his OW in a drysuit

Still need undergarments with neoprene suits up here.

OP I would go trilam since your using it year round. Just adjust undergarments for time of year. Plus lighter and faster drying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom