First OOA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday I faced my first OOA with a long hose...

DM made a mistake and I knew that I had to give her air but it was a piece of cake...

Everything went really really smooth, she was free to dive confortably to the anchor line, I was moving in the water as nobody was attached to my tank and finding my back-up has never been easier...

Wish I have moved to BP/W + long hose a long long time ago, it really changed the way I am diving...

People should try it...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

You have a lot of company in that conviction on SB :)

I did a shared-air drill with one of my AOW students on Saturday ... while we were ascending up a mooring line from 45 fsw. She was so easily able to hover on her safety stop, and continue the ascent to the surface afterward, that the first thing she said upon surfacing was "I'm getting one of those" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
You have a lot of company in that conviction on SB :)

SB opened my eyes, I thought BP/Ws and long hoses were for Tec divers only but it was not true...

I am glad I discovered "The Dark Side Of The Force"...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

I have never had a real OUT of air experience, but I did share air with a diver who was low on air once. His reaction upon reaching the surface was similar to those mentioned already, he wanted to reconfigure his gear to the long hose.

Erik, good work! I remember your posts shortly after you changed about the hard time you were being given for your configuration choice. You can now be secure in the knowldege that your choice was the right one for you.

Mark Vlahos

NOTHING about having a "longer" hose on the donated primary has to do with a BP/W! There is absolutely no reason not to have a longer hose for donating (and a lot of reasons why we should) the primary for those of us with BC's and Air Sources. And yes, it does make the OOA situations easier, much easier in my opinion, to handle.

NO -- NOTHING WILL FORCE ME TO THE DARK SIDE.

Erik Il Rosso:
SB opened my eyes, I thought BP/Ws and long hoses were for Tec divers only but it was not true...

I am glad I discovered "The Dark Side Of The Force"...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso
starwars.gif
Complete your journey to the Dark Side here:
ScubaBoard > Scuba Diving Central > Technical Diving Specialties > DIR.

Nice job Erik.

Had only one real one myself. The guy signaled me so calmly that I thought it was a drill until I saw his gage (wasn't even my buddy!). We were heading up-slop toward shore when in happened, I had plenty of air and he was really calm about the whole thing, so we just took our time and finished the dive as normal. With the LH, I could almost forget he was there.

After the dive, he said, "Gee, that DM hose is pretty neat."

He was (still is) a Police Rescue Diver, which is why he was so calm. However, it makes you wonder why he dumped his buddy and ran out of air!

You're right, Erik. Once you've done a real OOA on a LH, you never go back.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom