first set of doubles for apprentice cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy,

One comment that didn't explicitly make it - if your going to cave, or venture into any tech diving - go ahead and convert all your regs to 300 bar DIN connections. The DIN connection is much more sturdy for the potential abuses you may run it into.... Don't even bother w/ yoke's on doubles...

yeah... i am having to do this one step at a time...

i figured if i get 200-bar DIN manifold, i can use a yoke convertor for now until i go to
DIN.

i figure i can always replace the manifold to 300 if i can't live with the 200

I run a 200-bar manifold on my twinned aluminum 80's - soon to be twinned steel LP 85's. Works great, tastes great, and it's less filling.

i hear you, guys. i just can't get there all at once

Andy, I read in a thread on another board that the Worthington tanks have a sprayed-on internal coating. I have an ancient steel 72 that has an internal coating that I can not get rehydroed because of that coating. I am not saying that these tanks CAN'T be rehydroed, but it does make me wonder?

well, that wouldn't be good... need to check into that for sure

Using yoke regs or 200 bar manifolds in caves is not the kiss of death, some of the best cave explorers and instructors have used yoke regs to push caves most people will never be able to dive in and still use yoke today.

Put down the Kool Aid and have a sip of the real world.

No one said it was a law, just that it is a good idea.

Jason

I had the same problem with one of mine and the solution was to remove the coating. had it tumbeled with course abarasive and it cleand up and has now passed two hydros.
Bill

scubafool:
Andy, I read in a thread on another board that the Worthington tanks have a sprayed-on internal coating. I have an ancient steel 72 that has an internal coating that I can not get rehydroed because of that coating. I am not saying that these tanks CAN'T be rehydroed, but it does make me wonder?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom