First Time Diving in West Palm suggestions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll throw another vote in for Sandy's Sunday. I think they run with 11 people max and I have been out with as few as 4. WPB area has boats carrying from 6 to 20 something but the 6 packs tend to focus a little more on advanced diving and spearfishing.
I usually dive on my own boat but I do dive with Sandy on occasion. They are very nice and like to have fun.
Good luck. If you have never dove in the Palm Beach area you will definitely love it.

......If you have never dove in the Palm Beach area you will definitely love it.......

That's right on!! North double ledges had 100+ of visibility today and the breakers had 50 or 60 feet of visibility. What a great day!

West Palm Beach is the best! There is always something exciting happening when we dive down there: huge moray eels, spotted eels, turtles, nurse sharks, squid and so much more. Drift dives are so relaxing...current does all the work. We always dive with Diving Solutions
Diving Solutions

Adm: Tracey Sutherland

Riviera Beach Marina

1 800 797-7771

Jupiter is good diving. Instead of the 60 foot dives at West Palm, Jupiter averages 75 feet. Jupiter is best done with nitrox. West Palm will give the air diver decent bottom time. An air diver at Jupiter gets only about 25 minutes for each dive on a two-tank trip.

Firstly you have to decide where you are going to dive as there are many good choices posted here. Jupiter = Jupiter Dive Center. Ft Laud = Parrot Island.

If I had to recommend an outfit blind to someone I know nothing about their dive experience or wants.. hands down KEVIN.

You will not find a ScubaBoardian with a bad story about Kevin or anyone who does not call him friend.

I like Eric's choices.

West Palm Beach itself is a popular site for dive shops to conduct OW classes. Before reserving a boat seat, you may wish to ask if there is a class expected on that trip. Sure, training is good. But... I have been on a couple of these classroom-boat trips and had the feeling that I was rather in the way of things.

I usually use Pura Vida Divers but on one of my trips with them last month, Sandy from Ocean Quest was on the boat with some students while her boat was serviced. She definitely knew the dive sites and was very pleasant. But I could say the same about Pura Vida.

Jupiter 31 and Debersole: I am curious why you like Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures. I was checking around for operators other than the Scuba Club (their boat is full on Saturday) and went to the Scuba Adventure site.... the prices for the dives (and classes) seemed significantly more expensive than other dive operators. Maybe Scuba Adventures is worth the extra cost... just curious what you like about the operation.

I decided to jump on the Jupiter Dive Center dive on Saturday. JDC prices seemed to be on the low side for 2 tank dives. Thanks

You'll love Jupiter! Watch for large grouper, sharks and other powerful predatory fishes. The spots are normally around 80' with a 10' reef ledge. The current comes and goes.. and when it goes you better see the cool stuff the first time because swimming back is tough.

Enjoy the boat...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom