First Time Diving in West Palm suggestions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbop65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,I am sure this question has been asked a few times but I was hoping for some input from divers that dove in the WPB area.

I am taking a few days off work I live in Tampa and plan to drive to West Palm to dive..heard nice things about diving there.So with that said this will be my 15th dive so where should I dive and with what dive shop or charter?

thanks again

John B

Hi everyone,I am sure this question has been asked a few times but I was hoping for some input from divers that dove in the WPB area.

I am taking a few days off work I live in Tampa and plan to drive to West Palm to dive..heard nice things about diving there.So with that said this will be my 15th dive so where should I dive and with what dive shop or charter?

thanks again

John B

I'm in favor of diving there. Find Scubakevdm here on the board. Say the magic words "Zappa is a god". You're in. He's at Boynton Beach. You can't go wrong.

DC

I have had good experience with this outfit.... if fact, I am doing a two tank dive tomorrow. I have no affiliation, just like the service and the people and the fact they send down at least one dive master with every group. With bigger groups, they send down two DMs. Given you won't have a buddy you know and trust and are not particularly experienced (like me), the DMs are good to have around.

Welcome to The Scuba Club, America's Only Country Club For Scuba Divers in West Palm Beach, FL

Just a little south of WPB is Home. It is a small comfortable boat. The captain really knows his stuff and I have dove with this operation many times and dont have any regrets!

I like Jupiter Dive Center although I haven't really tried any other charters in the area in a long long time.

When I'm in West Palm (which is a few times a year) I'll go out with Sandy @ http://oceanquestscuba.com. Sandy and her crew are great & fun, good boat, never overcrowded, good snacks on the surface interval and the diving is teriffic. Plan your dive, dive your plan (and computer), don't run out of air on the bottom, stay out of deco and have fun.

We've been diving with Sandy since she was with JASA... you won't go wrong.

Last edited:
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
When I'm in West Palm (which is a few times a year) I'll go out with Sandy (OceanQuest Scuba). Sandy and her crew are great & fun, good boat, never overcrowded, good snacks on the surface interval and the diving is teriffic. Plan your dive, dive your plan (and computer), don't run out of air on the bottom, stay out of deco and have fun.

We've been diving with Sandy since she was with JASA... you won't go wrong.

I second this one. I went out with Sandy and her crew and had a great time. Couldn't ask for a better outfit. Its easy to see that they love what they do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom