First trip to Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yes, diving in Pi might not be as exciting as Komodo, RA, sipidan, chuuk etc but it's still awesome diving with great sea life, inexpensive diving, spoilt for choice with accommodation and food, and the people are absolutely the friendliest I've met anywhere in Asia. Makes for a great holiday. I'm there every June/July and happy to buy a round of cold ones if anyone wants to give me a holler
I think this answers my question over on the General Asia board... is Sipadan still worth the effort to get to? Before the Philippines we'll be in KK and more annoyingly, in Sandakan, but only for 3 nights before going back to KK. A Sipadan trip is possible but will cut into our PI time. Worth it?

If it were me I wouldn't try and squeeze so much in. If your intent is a Philippines trip then theres a lot of really nice dive spots spread over the islands and travelling within the philippines takes a lot of hopping. Sipidan is absolutely worth it but, in my opinion, not at the cost of missing out on some spots if youre already in the philippines.

Back
Top Bottom