First trip to Roatan, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One last tip - when you get off the plane get in the far right line for immigration. Once the line turns the corner and enters the building it's considerably shorter. Plan on it taking a while either way. Customs will be quick, twice all I've had to do is throw my bag on the scanner belt and wait for it to go through.

Once I was stopped for having an excess of medications - stuff for Ms. Peggy's clinic. If you have extra luggage space you might donate some things also. It's on the road east from the West End and they really appreciate anything you can bring. There's a list on their website as well as info about the work they do. One of our local doctors volunteers there also.

Clinica Esperanza

One last tip - when you get off the plane get in the far right line for immigration.

Now you've wrecked it. :wink:

Once I was stopped for having an excess of medications - stuff for Ms. Peggy's clinic.

I'm sure they let you through without much hassle. For any who are carrying such supplies down for any clinic- just tell the Customs guys (if for whatever reason they manage to notice or even stop you), that your goodies are for "Clinica Esperanza". They're likely only waiting for you to say something along those lines. Again~ if they notice or even bother.

I add this only because I don't want to see any potential "mules" being dissuaded from carrying such much needed supplies to Peggy's clinic or any other similar operation. You won't end up in jail- the Tourist Police and Customs guys know upon which side their bread is buttered.

great advice, I will pass it along to my crew, we will bring a goody bag for the clinic..............

Good point, in no way was I hassled about it. And waved through immediately once we said it was for the clinic.

What likely caught their attention was a couple dozen bottles of a non-prescription drug on the med list.

Who knew they sold it at the dollar store?

FYI, I just got back from Roatan, and did take a cab over to Barefoot Key Divers and dove the south side from there (Mary's Place and Shark Bait Deep). Luke at that dive shop was great. They do 3 dives a day too.

Reactions: Doc
Thanks for the head's up on the goods for the clinic. I put a duffle together last night of stuff and was wondering if we might run in to issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom